Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1977 Barth 22'
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of GirlsInPantsTour
posted
Found a 1977 listed on Craigslist in Kewaunee, Il.
Spoke to the owner and said everything worked and was in great condition except for the tires were dry rotted. He hadn't posted pics yet so texted me some. It was just listed.

Told him we would be there at 8 tonight. Half way through the trip he texted that he sold it! Was very disappointed as he knew we were coming in. So much for etiquette. Someone a bit closer bought it and I think got great deal @ $2500.
Though we just bought Matt's last weekend the thought of having one all ready to roll was sweet. Plus it had a rear bed which we prefer.
Good luck to the new owner!

Posts: 8 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 05-28-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Had you bought that, and you'd have been the newest member of the Mary Ray Club, commemorating Barthmobilers that have more than one. That membership now includes:

Mary Ray (3)
SteveVW (2)
Doorman (2)
Tom& Julie (2)
Stinky Daddy (2)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Dana and Lynn, they are now members also with there purchase of number 2.

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
And--- we too have two

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We would have loved to be part of that club.

Honestly, it would have been so helpful in putting our Barth back together. It's a big puzzler when I didn't take it apart and have never really seen an intact one...ceiling. plumbing, electrical... Love a challenge though.

Would really have loved the rear berth.
We have been giving some thought to removing the bathroom and modifying that to hold a bed.

Bad idea? Any thoughts? I am usually a bit of a purist.

Posts: 8 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 05-28-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops! The one in Kewaunee was a '75. Had the rear bustle too. It was blue with original interior except for a new fridge.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Add Bill N.Y. to that list.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
purist

So what does your avatar MEAN? I think outside of the box but cannot come up with a good answer?

CRAIG, How could we have missed our GRACIOUS HOST. Sorry Bill NY. We will not let the Mary Club slip by us again. Cheers for our Work-A-Holic Bill NY.

Cheers to ALL members

Kevin

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
This may be close to the dreaded 'thread drift', but maybe we can start a group for the most Barths owned--not necessarily at one time--just owned. Can anybody top 4? One 28' Regal, and 3 Breakaways--28', 28', and 30'. Or maybe just motorhomes--8 for us. Just think of all the money I would have saved if I had just stuck with 1. OTOH, I don't want to think about it. Frowner.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I can't see buying another one. 86 Barth was my first one and if I had not used it so much I would still be using it.

By the time we were getting 8000+ miles and over 2 months a year we decided to get something bigger and diesel powered. The 98 is working out perfectly.

I don't see another coach in the future. The 98 will last longer than I will need it and if I do decide to downsize I will go back to th 86. The only way I'll ever get my money out of 86 is to use it more. So far, over 40,000 miles since I owned it. Now it is parked inside for more R&R.

Considering the time and money one will spend on any used coach getting it up to par, Jim you must have a fortune invested in motor coaches. The price of indecision, I guess.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I wonder who else has two? Tin Foil Hat Club

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow, we're going to have to have a meeting and get this all straight...
Mary Ray (founder and honorary President)
Bud@YXY
Doorman
Steve VW
Stinky Daddy
Dana and Lynn
Tom and Julie
Bill NY
Dustyjeeper

About 19 Barths or so! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
The price of indecision,

More like the price of bad decisions. First one was a Trek. Second a Monaco Dynasty, third was a class C. forth thru seventh Barths, last Minnie Winnie. I pretty much broke even on all but the Barth Regal. Put a lot of money into that one. Who knows? Might get it back one day. The old adage is if you buy it right, you can sell it right.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post