Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

31' 1995 Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of AndrewEvans
posted Hide Post
I am the owner of this coach and can answer most of your questions. zjagwah@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 09-06-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Inquiring minds want to know, Andy:
What happened?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewEvans:
I am the owner of this coach and can answer most of your questions. zjagwah@yahoo.com

Welcome to the Forums!

Questions have arisen:

1. Was original engine a GM 6.5L TD?

2. Was 4L80E original transmission?

3. Is this a front engine or pusher?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewEvans:

Yes, please tell us the history and condition as you know it. If you read through the thread - there seem to be all sorts of variation on the who, what, when, where and why of this coach.

Posts: 42 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Andrew? We all can be very helpful in selling your Barth. You've got the makings of a good one.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
After thinking about this for a while, the biggest challenge might not be the engine/transmission. The electronics might be more costly than the engine/transmission. I think the Duramax wiring harness was installed when the engine was swapped but with two different keys, an odometer question, it sounds as if those electrical situations are not all in order. Perhaps Andrew can shed some light on that. Since the Duramax is toast, and you wouldn't want to put an early Duramax in because of the known injector problems, wouldn't the wiring for let's say an '05 Duramax be different than an '02 Duramax? Might it be best to go back to a 6.5 that was built like Rusty's, or would you then have to go find the original dash etc?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post