Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1977 BARTH class C-- $3500 (Houlton, WI)
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1977 BARTH class C-- $3500 (Houlton, WI)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://minneapolis.craigslist...s-rv/6927546634.html

VIN: CGL3364140859

Classic 1977 BARTH class C.
This RV is a bit of a cult collector coach. It has all aluminum construction mounted on a Chevy heavy-duty van chassis.
It has been driven and stored in the western states and has a virtually rust free frame/undercarriage.
I have owned it for 5 years and I have kept it in a heated storage building.
The engine is a 350 ci with a replaced air intake manifold and carburetor from a 400 ci engine. It has a built-in generator that runs but needs a carburetor cleaning. Everything inside works and is all original.
There are six new rims and tires, 3 new batteries.
What this RV needs is some TLC to restore it to its original grandeur.
That was my original intent but due to the advance of time and other issues I am going to part with this jewel.
They don't make RV's or trailers like this anymore.
This is a big opportunity calling YOU!
See pics

contact name:
Paul
text:

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool machine! Standard transmission. A Nose replacement???

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Go for it! Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Neat looking Barth. Would be a wonderful rescue for someone with the resources to give it the love it requires.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
contact name:
Paul
text:
(651) 248-9299

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Be still my heart.

Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
contact name:
Paul
text:
(651) 248-9299

If you are interested, go for it!

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Mary, this is much better than the one I bought and is now being restored in Denmark. And that standard transmission is unique. Go get it. I wish it was me.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere, the only thing holding me back is money. Think I should start a go-fund-me account?

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Count me in. I'll do what I can.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Left a message, no answer so far.

left a message

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
Left a message, no answer so far.

left a message

My bet is Dana would just love to go over and check this baby out for you!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Link now delivers:
This posting has been deleted by its author.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
FWIW I called and talked to Paul. He was nice and gave me a lot of useful information. We were thinking about making this our Alaska trip machine next year.
BUT - after finding out that it sat the last 3 years and he just cranked it the other day and some other facts it is entirely too much work (and money) for us. He said he had an interested party in Oklahoma that would pick it up on a trailer and take it home. It was very questionable it would be road worthy since it had not been driven nor did he use it to camp himself. It is a great project but not for us.

The manual transmission was put in by a previous owner, so was the carb and the wheels and tires from what I understand 5 years ago. Since then nothing been done, just unused storage. Originally from Colorado.

We will concentrate on making the toyhauler Alaska ready, the Bluebird is too nice to take up there running on gravel roads etc. Also better fuel mileage in the toyhauler. But we got spoiled, might have to toss a coin which one to take.

But for all that are heartbroken about missing out on a beautiful Barth - it might look good and have good bones, but brake calipers, fuel lines, varnished carbs and how about that old fridge - too many unknowns. It is a project.
To the new owner - have fun and enjoy.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I guess beauty is only skin deep. The Class C I bought wasn't as pretty as this one, but once my son-in-law got in it and cranked it up, it ran from Florida to Knoxville with no problems. It was hot as hell and fortunate for me, after I tried and failed due to the heat, Dan was able to make the trip. I followed him in the Mercury. Good bonding.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B