Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1978 Barth 22' A - $4000 (Depoe Bay Oregon)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1978 Barth 22' A - $4000 (Depoe Bay Oregon)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://oregoncoast.craigslist...home/7164596757.html

see pics

75,755 original miles
on Chevrolet 454 motor,
runs well. Great shape,
previous owner began restoration
and I don't have the time to complete.
Clean title in hand.

Brian ...

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m talking to the owner about this rig in an hour or so and plan to go see it tomorrow. I’ve printed the buyers checklist . How hard is it to get parts , tires for these ? I’m in love with the look of it but a bit concerned as a widow with no mechanical ability that this might not be practical for me as a full time live in . I’d welcome insights and experiencesSmiler
Will report back and update this listing after I’ve seen it

Posts: 1 | Location: Oregon | Member Since: 07-26-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
IMHO, even if you got a coach that is in excellent shape a 42 year old coach is going to need mechanical upkeep. belts, hoses, brake line, hoses, pads fluid change, tires, etc. Most of this work can be done by any good automotive shop, but labor cost. Owning a motor coach has the expense of maintaining a 2nd home and dual axel truck. Depending on your capability is what you should judge on weather you should buy a vintage coach. The folks on this site will help if we can. I can tell you that there is always something to work on when you own one.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The answer depends on whether you are going to just live in it, like a tiny house, or whether you're going to drive it around. I feel the same way Craig does. The last old Barth my wife and I brought up to a dependable standard cost us over $15000 in repair costs and we did most of the work ourselves. If you're going to use it as a tiny house, buy a used trailer instead. You'll have more room

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Wrong link

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
This (CL)posting has been deleted by its author.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post