Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1986 34' Regal (eBay Illinois)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1986 34' Regal (eBay Illinois)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted
Stumbled across while searching for awning. Seller has zero feedback, but perhaps one could make further contact.

'86 Regal for sale

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
He could have a garage sale with all the stuff in that coach. confusion

It might be fairly nice but you can't tell. Same year as mine, 1 ft longer. The tag axle is a good thing. 3 ACs??? No mention of odometer mileage. head bang

Real estate people call it "staging" to declutter, tidy up, and then maybe a few good photos would help. I am amazed by how poorly many of the coaches are presented.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
I am amazed by how poorly many of the coaches are presented.

I agree, and used vehicle sales in general are the same way. (I recently spent a LOT of time on Ebay/Craigslist ads, while shopping for a used Suburban.) Some vehicles are just presented horribly. A wash, wax, vacuum, and some decent photos (along with some details and basic grammar in the ad) can go a long way to make a vehicle/RV look like something that someone else might actually want to own!

I'd be very reluctant on this coach, unless the buyer has a considerable amount of time and money to potentially invest. It's clear that the seller doesn't know (or doesn't want to tell) much about it and has never (or rarely) used it to actually drive places.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Starting bid $2000
ITEM SPECIFICS:
Seller Notes: “saddle fuel tank and generator needs connected.”
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 1GBKP37WG3320804 Year: 1986
Fuel Type: Gas Make: barth
For Sale By: Private Seller Model:
regal
Leveling Jacks Included?: Yes Length (feet): 34
Water Capacity (Gallons): 21-30 Sleeping Capacity: 4
Air Conditioners: 3 Vehicle Title: Clear
Awnings: 3 Slide Outs: None
Type: class a

Fair condition, tires good, needs air bags on tag axel,and front, new batterys, new ignition. fuel pumps and fuel lines. saddle tank and generator needs connected. engine and trans fluid hav been changed. runs good. I acquired it from a friend, intended to travel, plans have changed.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, I was too busy whining to copy the ad. I hope someone can get a better look at the coach, it may be OK for the price.

One caveat: needs air bags both tag axle and front. You can drive some without front air bags (a bit wobbly and low ride height) but DO NOT drive without air bags for the tag. The tag suspension could bottom and be damaged, with no load the tires will lock up and drag when braking, and the main drive axle will be overloaded, sharing the extra weight.

OTOH, the tag bags can be changed very easily. Goodyear 1R9-038 bags will fit right in, about $125 each.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post