Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1995 Barth SB 30 5.9 $12000 OBO (Springfield, Tn
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 Barth SB 30 5.9 $12000 OBO (Springfield, Tn
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://louisville.craigslist....ruck/6544693235.html

VIN: 4CDT7CM11S2700922

We have for sale the 1995 Barth Oshkosh SB 30 Command Center Bus which was used by the Oklahoma Police Department after the Oklahoma City Disaster. The Bombing site was this vehicles Maiden Voyage and was at the site for 391 continuous days.
My wife and I were to transform it into a food truck but with the recent decline in my wife's health our dream is no more.
I can say that this Vehicle has ALOT of potential. Food Truck, Mobile Home, Job Site Command Center, Ect. It has a 5.9 Cummins Diesel Engine, and an Automatic Allison Transmission which only have 13,000 miles on them. Good Tires, Air brakes, standard radio, small sink for hands, fridge, all electrical needed, 15 kw generator, hvac unit which needs charging, a lot of storage space underneath. Pictures say a lot.
We are asking $16k or best offer. Motor Oils and Fuel Filters have been changed. Mechanic says its in excellent shape.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Previously listed on 4-25 Clarksville Craigs List, and 11-23 on Nashville Craigs List. Yes, has lots of potential but not at $16K. IMO,it would cost that and more to make it into a coach you could travel in or use as a food truck. Maybe a municipality might use it for what it was built for.
J

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I love all the red and blue lights, I wonder if they flash? Looks really clean in the engine compartment, I would think the underside is just as rust free. I agree it would take a lot of bread to bake the interior.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
This is a front engine (puller) Barth. The large generator is in the back.
I agree with the other posts, one would have to put a lot of money into this Barth to make it a motorhome.
It would also be hard to do a nice layout with those three doors.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
The trend today to tear down old classic stuff and rebuilt it with crap is disheartening, even my Priest has gotten into the act, tore down 5 old brick churches and rebuilt one that is made of steel and has a steel roof, looks like a barn!

So my hope is a beautiful old machine like this can find the right buyer and become what it was destine to be in this world. That generator could power NYC. I would love to see it in a parade with fire trucks, EMT vehicles and police cars, lights flashing, big ass smile on the drivers face.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I am not a Broker, BUT, there is a NASA contractor about 3 miles from me that has an older Barth Mobile Calibration Lab that is looking a bit tired. They also have a branch in San Antonio and maybe they need two Barths, or a replacement. I suggest sending your info to them via their contact page on www.rothe.com. There is a persons name with email on their services page under calibration lab - Houston.
Good luck!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
This looks like a match! Sorry about the size, I don’t know how to modify google photos. They don’t respond like normal pictures.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Tom, would you please stop by there and get some interior pictures and a picture of the data tag.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
new price $12000

https://louisville.craigslist....ruck/6544693235.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post