Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Frame design on 66 Duke Streamliner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted
I've been checking out vintage travel trailer info and was reading this ebay listing. Going thru the pictures it has a frame patent sheet, it's the last picture in the listing. Frame patent by Robert Barth!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...29QQptZRVsQ5fCampers

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Streamline was right up there with Airstream, Silver Streak, Boles Aero, & Barth, in quality, & was contemporary with all of them. I never saw the name associated with Airstream, or Duke until this ad.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I think Duke is the Streamline model. Here's the tincantourists mfg info page for Streamline.

http://www.tincantourists.com/...ku.php?id=streamline

It seems the Streamline owners came from Airstream, then Streamline went on to become Newell. I wonder how many other companies used Barth patents?

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post