Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1991 Barth MH $20.5K or BO Texas Craigslist..
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1991 Barth MH $20.5K or BO Texas Craigslist..
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
What model and length is this coach?

91 Barth Motorhome , 36,000 miles, 3208 Cat pusher , garage kept , new tires, new awnings , 7,000 watt Kohler Power plant , first $20,500 or best offer

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/rvs/5624976068.html

Mike W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone try to list a coach with no length indicated? head bang I'm guessing 34 or 36 Regency… not a wide body.

That said, it looks like a nice coach. Low miles and new tires are a plus, paint looks good too. Might be worth a look. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Low miles

A sign of low use, not necessarily good to have a coach sitting around for 25 years.
When usage starts the components start to break from lack of use.
On the other hand minimal wear and tear. Although low mileage does not mean the rig was not lived in.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Anyone in the vicinity check this out yet?

Mike W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Email the owner for a picture of the data tag and I will help you post it.

Is this his phone# 469/644/8787

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
he's 60 miles away from it.."I'll get back to you.." he said.. anybody around Italy Texas for a look?

Mike W

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike W:
he's 60 miles away from it.."I'll get back to you.." he said.. anybody around Italy Texas for a look?

Mike W

Mike are you referring to the OWNER of this Barth or someone that could look at the coach for you?

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Mike are you referring to the OWNER of this Barth or someone that could look at the coach for you?

looking for someone fairly close to it ( DFW/WACO area as ad says Italy TX) to inspect it for me..Expenses paid.. Am currently checking w/ the owner to see if thats ok.. In the meantime have asked for his mechanics/RV service center info so I can discuss it with them also.. PM pls if close and able..

bummer living so far afield, so to speak..

Mike W in Maine currently..

posted Hide Post
I have seen this coach. Have pictures. Good coach. This one was sold then folks backed out. Currently being shown by friend of PO who passed away in May. There is a bank note buyer has to cover. Good coach. We took it out for a ride. I saw no issues. Lifelong Texas machine so no rust. We did not hook up shore power or water so I don't know about plumbing. Did not check fridge or stove but I did not see any baling wire, duct tape or anything which did not look original. Except a bungi to keep the generator door from opening too wide. The two wiring junction areas are pristine. Not a wire out of place and there are lots of them. We got it up to 75 with no problem. Rides nice, Windows seal up good and all screens are there with no glass cracks anywhere. Tires are virtually new. Only mechanical issue I could detect was a slight knock in the fan area behind the radiator. I personally did not like the cabinet style and color but the interior is a 7 or 8. Countertop had been replaced with plastic laminate. Wallpaper had been painted white. It's 34'. Send me your cell number and exterior paint is about n 8. No damage anywhere just age on the paint, rubber and plastics. I will flip some pictures to you. Asking price is 21.5 but negotiable. It's a good coach. My cell is 210-827-3497.

Posts: 10 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Member Since: 02-16-2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for some insert problems. Smart phone and fat fingers don't mix. Coach was at an RV service to top off a/c. Generator works. I did not say that earlier.

posted Hide Post
Uploaded two sets of pictures to photobucket. Over 20 pictures. Here is the build plate.

posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thank you for that data tag Robert Richter! Thumbs Up

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Don't know how the photo got inverted:

http://i687.photobucket.com/al...d/4sale/IMG_8577.jpg

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
I got the photo first sent to me and it was inverted then. I transfered it to my desktop and turn it right side up for my records..

Also, I talked with the seller last night and he said bottom price is $18K.. Too far away for us currently and would want drive train and house checked out thoroughly before..too tough to do at this distance... we have a ton of stuff on our plate ( selling a house, building a house and moving back to left coast..) It looks like a nice coach for sure..

and thanks Richard R for your helpful narrative and pic transfer..

Mike W
Maine/CA soon..

posted Hide Post
I did look at the roof when I inspected. Also had one of the workers at the shop give me his assessment. Only thing we both thought might need to be done up top is some caulk work around vents and skylights.