Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regency northbound on I75
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
We were headed south on I75 in the monsoon yesterday. About at Tifton Ga. we saw what looked like an early 90s Regency heading north. Hard to say much more as it was raining Cs and Ds!
Maybe a blue stripe on the side that went up towards the roof behindthe bedroom window??
Anybody we know?
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the coach, but where are you coming down to this year? If you're in Florida you're probably getting rained on today too. Sorry, but we really need it!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny.
It's a beautiful day in Valdosta Ga.
We spent a few days at Gordonia State Park in Reidsville Ga. playing golf on their course. Then went over to Georgia Veterans State Park near Americus but got rained out.
We are here for a couple of days and then on to Gulf State Park in Gulfshore Al. for a week or so. They have a golf course too.
It rained so hard yesterday water blew in the top of the door, even though it was closed and locked! Didn't matter since it just got the bottom step wet. Lucky, no tornados in spite of the watches all over south Georgia.
One of these days we'll get to south Florida I'm sure.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Don and Patty, Sounds like my kind of trip. Leaving in about an hour with sons to Richard B Russell State Park in Georgia to play golf for the week-end and back to Augusta Sunday night to go to the Masters Monday.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just a little north of Valdosta is Reed Bingham State Park. Suzy and I often stay there on the way back from Talledega. Open to suggestions on any other parks near the border close to 75 for this falls trip.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exit 5, Lake Park Ga., a few miles south of Valdosta. We are at Eagle's Roost which is on the frontage road on the east side of 75.
There is a KOA on the other side of the Interstate, but I usually avoid them.
Easy on/off the Interstate, has lots of shade, propane and a heated pool. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby and a decent flea market right next door on weekends. We bought nice tomatos and a pineapple an hour or so ago. $31.00 with Good Sam ,AAA, etc.
The restrooms are very clean, I looked!
Considering how close it is to the Interstate, not too noisy either.
We are outta here tomorrow for Gulf Shores Al.
Don and Patty
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Open to suggestions on any other parks near the border close to 75 for this falls trip.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You'll be passing less than 50 miles from my house...wave as you onto I-10...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
This it?
https://eaglesroostresort.com/

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. That's it. Though we have moved on and now are in Wales West RV Resort in Silverhill Al. Very nice place.
Will be in Gulf State Park In Gulf Shores for a week beginning the 13 of April.
Eagles Roost is good as a get-off for the night when travelin the I75. In our case it was a 3 nite stay due to torrential rains and tornado watches. Much more pleasant over here in Alabama now.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:
This it?
https://eaglesroostresort.com/

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643