Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Mobile AL 1984 BARTH RV, 27,000 MILES, HAS WHEEL CHAIR LIFT
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mobile AL 1984 BARTH RV, 27,000 MILES, HAS WHEEL CHAIR LIFT
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted
https://mobile.craigslist.org/gms/6119011429.html

Estate sale (1318 OLD SHELL ROAD)

1318 OLD SHELL ROAD

dates
friday 2017-05-05
saturday 2017-05-06

start time: 9 am -til 2
ESTATE SALE : Friday MAY 5, (9AM Til); Saturday MARCH 6th (9 AM TIL 3PM) Lots more items added

Tools, Books, garden tools, Tupelo Honey old aluminum coffee pots, old record albums, old dishes, games, misc brass items, lots of misc items

MOTOR COACH -RV-1984 BARTH RV, 27,000 MILES, HAS WHEEL CHAIR LIFT $7500.00, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

BOAT-1986 PROLINE BOAT, 21 FT, $5000.00 FIRST COME FIRST SERVE (OR BEST OFFER)

Indoors, Rain, Shine, Hot, Cold- Come by and see. Everything is Negotiable (unless firm), everything must go!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Happened a month ago...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Does that mean it was sold?
Maybe not.
Did not seem to have been an auction. So, I posted anyway.
The Barth does not appear in Google street view NOV 2016.
lift is pretty hard to find.
-------------------------------------------------------
Ironically, about the same time, this also ran in Mobile, under Garage & Moving Sales:
https://mobile.craigslist.org/gms/6125140986.html
(727) 804-6218
I am wanting to purchase a smaller Barth Motorhome. I am willing to pay a premium price for one in very good condition.
If you know someone who has a BARTH Motorhome, that might be for sale, please forward this posting to them.

Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Not a problem - your post is valid; my note was to point out that the sked auction has passed, but as you mentioned, that doesn't mean everything sold.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
I have talked with the owners, and seen some pictures.
It has been sitting for many years. The exterior looks to be in nice condition, but the interior would take some work.

If some one could work with them, on sending smaller pictures, they could post them. The pictures that I received from them were so large, they overloaded my email account.

They are Stanley & Theresa at doright96@aol.com

Posts: 20 | Location: Florida and Indiana | Member Since: 01-20-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
You can call Stan at 251-605- 5907 for more information.

Posts: 20 | Location: Florida and Indiana | Member Since: 01-20-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
See here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...633966987#6633966987

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I talked to Stan last night and this Barth is still for sale. I believe it is a one owner. The Barth was a special order, as so many are, and was designed for the owner's son who was in a wheel chair. The interior layout was for the convenience of taking care of his son when they were using the motor home. There is a bathtub behind the drivers seat and a toilet and sink behind the bathtub. On the passenger side, there is a door just aft of the passenger seat and then the lift after that. From the exterior, it looks like three doors on the passenger side, but one is a regular door, and next to it is the lift.There is a very small kitchen and I think one couch. In the rear of the Barth are twin beds. It's a P30 chassis, 28', with conventional drive train.It has been sitting for a long time. Stan said the entire brake system would have to be addressed. It would be perfect for some one who required a wheel chair and had other special needs. It's probably one of a kind. I suggested to Stan that he place it on Barthmobile and he said he would look into it. I'll always have a Barth in my brain, but this one would just not work for me and at 79, I'm not sure how many more rv days I have left.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Quote: at 79, I'm not sure how many more rv days I have left.

You need to have another Barth....

Age is only a number...

With a Barth you have something fun to enjoy or hate, you can complain about or praise...
its gives your little grey cells something to do
rather than making up disease to distract you from the real purpose of lifeSmiler

I am a great believer of online contemplation...
which carried me past several raw episodes Smiler

Be proactive..

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be perfect for some one who required a wheel chair and had other special needs. It's probably one of a kind.

I agree, Jim.
such coaches are few and far between.
When I toured the ForeTravel factory, last year, I saw a new one under construction for a wheelchair-using customer. It was the second one the factory has special built, with a mid-curbside lift, for the same customer. I'm sure it must have been priced close to $1,000,000.
This Barth was once also very expensive and very custom. It could again be ideal for the right individual.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Happened a month ago...
But the Barth is still for sale. One of our members inquired about the rig and texted me these pictures to post here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post