Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1972 22' Bustleback 72071144MC22C
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
If any one want's a walk through. I'm real close to this one.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Nice catch... Thumbs Up

quote:
(I have updated the ad with mileage and also that it has a big block 402) This cool, retro RV, has a great running 402 cubic inch , big block, motor with 48,186 miles. Rides and drives well. It has 6 new tires, new Monroe Heavy Duty shocks, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and coil. I also installed a couple new roof vents. My wife and I began to gut the rear of the interior with plans to do something different with the RV but plans have changed and now it's just taking up space in my driveway. The kitchen remains but the bath and bed would have to be rebuilt. I stripped out the ruined ceiling due to water leaks and have re-sealed the rear window and roof vents. I believe I have the roof leaks stopped and am ready for a new ceiling. The framing of the RV is all aluminum, as well as the skin, so no need to worry about rotting walls or roof. We began to polish some of the aluminum skin and it comes out pretty nice. Granted, it's alot of work but the rig would look very cool once finished. This was a top quality rig back in its day.
I am also open to trades for a car/truck/dirt bike of equal value.
Call or txt: Tim @ 97O-222-57I6

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone want to bring their critical faculties to this? My preference is for the older and patina-rich vehicles.

Posts: 28 | Location: Hyattsville, Maryland | Member Since: 02-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Clarke, the only bad thing is there is no replacement available if the windshield is or gets broken. It looks pretty clean and would be nice to customize the interior to suit your needs, and the price is reasonable.

Dusty Jeeper has offered to look at it if anyone is interested.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
...there is no replacement available if the windshield is or gets broken.
If you do break the front windshield, this has been the only repair that we've seen that would work.

It takes the standard single piece curved windshield and makes them each into two pieces.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand the windshield issue, but quite like the narrow proportions of the older ones and the curved overhang of the roof just as I like the bustle-back, though I could easily imagine others might hate it.

Posts: 28 | Location: Hyattsville, Maryland | Member Since: 02-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
If you understand the windshield issue and would be willing to deal with it then I would buy it. Big Grin

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
gotta love the bustle back, what curves! Old fashioned aluminum curves, such art... Thumbs Up

windshield could be tricky. price seems fair, a somewhat blank slate project. might be worth closer look! mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I just found your site this past weekend after seeing the ad for the Barth in this thread. I want to thank you so much for having such a wealth of information available.

I spent hours and hours this weekend looking through this site because my wife and I are going to take a look at this Barth this coming weekend (if it doesn't sell before that). We have never owned an RV before, but we love a good project and fell in love with the look of this one as soon as we saw it.

I printed the buyers checklist from elsewhere on the forum and was aware of the windshield issue, but is there anything else we should be concerned about? Thanks again!
Brian

Posts: 1 | Location: Longmont, CO | Member Since: 03-25-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since I live in Maryland, someone else would have to take the "closer look". the problem with distance (I have coveted Barths in Oregon and Arizona) is that the cost of transport is maybe three times the cost of the object...a poor formula for buying satisfaction. Not adverse to driving it home, but slightly so to spending two weeks in a repair shop in Kansas.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Art, good luck on your inspection of the Barth.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
posted Hide Post
I had an interest in a coach with the short windshield, and the seller turned me on to a glass shop that claims to have replacements available --

Cheryl L. Bunnell
RV GLASS SOLUTIONS
Phone 888-777-6778 ext 110
Fax 888-777-6603

I exchanged emails with Cheryl, even sent her a photo of the coach. She claims to have replacement glass, no problem. I didn't buy the coach so I don't have any first-hand experience, but Barthers with this need ought to give her a call.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post