Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1972 Barth 25', St. Pete, FL $7500
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted
I think this might have been posted before...
https://tampa.craigslist.org/p...ouse/6688130481.html
text:
☎ (517) 505-1626

Hello folks,

I have taken a new job and it's time to pass my RV on to someone who will love and use it as much as my family has. It's a 1972 Barth 25 footer. Barth was the high-end RV back in the day. It's got all aluminum riveted construction, like an airplane. It will never rust or rot, and can be polished to a mirror shine.

The drivetrain is a Chevrolet P30, and parts are commonly available. It has a 402 Chevy big-block engine with new head gaskets, rebuilt cylinder heads, rebuilt quadrajet carburetor, and an HEI distributor. It starts and runs great, with plenty of power. It has a remanufactured TH400 automatic transmission, new driveline bearings, and new rear brakes. It has 6 brand-new E rated tires with tubeless rims. These alone cost me over $1500 bucks last fall. It's road-worthy, I just drove it 900 miles from Virginia a few months ago with no problems. On that trip, I averaged 9.5 mpg. Not bad for an old class A.

I built a custom aluminum dashboard with gauges for it, it's fun to drive. You get looks and comments from everyone on the road and on the campground. It's also got an 1800 watt stereo system that sounds great.

It has a 35 gallon fresh water tank, new DC water pump, grey and black water sewer systems that work fine, and a new modern RV toilet. It holds over 100 pounds of propane and has a new propane regulator and filler valve for safety. It has an Onan 4000 watt generator that runs great, and the best thing is, the rooftop AC works!

It's not perfect, there are still a few things that need work, such as the shower head/bathroom sink faucet. The refrigerator does not work, and the stove/oven could use an update. The carpet up front needs to be replaced.

This RV would make a great tiny house with minor work. It's got a cool mix of '70s retro vibe and also some modern conveniences. It has 3 on-board batteries, and LED lighting throughout. Come check it out!

$7500 or best offer takes it away. Located in NE St. Petersburg. Thanks for looking.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post