Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1978 Barth 21' - $5000 (Rochester)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1978 Barth 21' - $5000 (Rochester)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://seattle.craigslist.org...home/6652726002.html

New WaterHeater,Furnace,cooktop,microwave,fridge,toilet,sinks,interior lights,all plumbing g
as and water, roof top air conditioner.
New brakelines, brake pads and shoes, rotors, calipers, bearings, powersteering pump, water pump hydobooster, Alternator, dash air conditioning, upholstery, mirrors, radio, curtains, fuel pump, carburator, windshield fans, tires, ceiling fans.
This is an all aluminum motorhome. Nice short easy to handle and park.
see pics...
Has a chevy 350 for good mileage.
Make a good game day tailgator or food vending truck or take it rving. 72k miles. still needs work. Generator won't start, windshield needs replaced, needs an exhaust system, needs batteries for 12 interior lights etc.,needs floor coverings up front, needs finish work on entery step.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Always have been suspicious of adds that provide only email contact info.. Do our administrators require a phone number be provided with in a certain (short) time period or else the Barthmobile posting will be removed from our site? I understand I can prohibit the Craig's listing. I just hate for the naïve to be ...

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
As the guy guy who posted this link....
here
aa a means of contact for you.
.>>>from within the actual ad<<<

BUT Craigslist still thinks? I an a robot
and will not allow me to repost
any contact info Frowner

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Doug, please don't get me wrong. I absolutely appreciate your efforts. As I'm sure all other site participants, I thoroughly enjoy your post's citations - to evaluate the Barth market and the pictures are great. Please continue!

Maybe I should simply appreciate that an attractive Barth serves the possibly ill-minded.

My point simply being accentuated by watching the ad's "Posted __ days ago".

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pgh. Pirate:

My point simply being accentuated by watching the ad's "Posted __ days ago".

don't understand your point about ad aging. I certainly do understand why the seller does not reveal his phone number. I'm getting barraged with rob calls on my cell phone. block another one just about every day. I'm also getting bogus email responses to the CL ad I'm running for my Lexus convertible.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problems with my land line and both cell phone numbers. Dozens and dozens of calls soliciting something or another. And all three numbers have been on the "Do Not Call" registry for over 3 years. I've called the registry and all they say is that I would have to lodge a complaint about each call received, including date, time, caller, etc, etc. The Do Not Call registry must have been usurped, as in paid off, so it's now essentially worthless.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I never give anyone my cell number. So far it is fairly clear.

I use my land line number for all correspondence. Lately, I screen with the answering machine because 9 of 10 calls are junk. On the do not call list... head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
I likewise never give anyone my cell #. When I advertise on Craig's I use my land line and forward those calls to my cell. The forwarded calls to my cell I answer so long as the ad is still listed. When the ad is no longer listed I terminate the call forwarding and screen via the answering machine. Literally, when the land line rings no one lifts a finger. If it's important the caller will leave a message, which is rare. And as to my cell, I never answer unless the caller's identity appears (caller is in my directory).

Regarding emails, I have a "phantom" email that I use when an email is required. I check it every couple of weeks, at my convenience. Kevin, I confess, this is why nobody's ever home cheers

My remarks regarding the referenced add have a simple point. Apparently there is value in accumulating people's email addresses. To me this ad appears designed to reach such an end. I could be wrong - never been to Denmark let alone smelled the fish.

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B