Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Got Vonage? You May Not Want Anything Long-Term
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Got Vonage? You May Not Want Anything Long-Term
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Reports are Vonage may be on the verge of cratering: Here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Boy that would stink for a lot of people. I hope Sun Rocket is ok. We use it exclusively.. And it is great.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
More news on Vonage - some temporary relief from the Verizon [possible] injunction, but likely to cause even more cash drain: Here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And yet more news on Vonage. And more on my "Don't get involved long-term" concept. Looka here; this ain't Good News, folks. I won't bore you with the math, but Vonage's margins can't support royalties commanded, and higher prices or collapse are in the wind.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Here is an interesting article that compares three other VOIP services.

http://www.latimes.com/wireless/avantgo/la-fi-consumer23sep23,0,1236269.story

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yet more delightful news

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
More "Good news-Bad news" for Vonage

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And still more bad news for Vonage, which has been hemorrhaging cash...note its admission that it won't be able to make payments due in December....

Bail out if you can - IMHO, things aren't about to get better.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke