Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rules for selling your Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Should we enforce the rules here or change the rules to reflect what appears to be "okay" in several posts?
Let us here what our members want.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Just like anything else, if you have rules, you need to enforce them. Otherwise, they mean nothing. I also think we need to encourage people to become members, not just for the sake of selling their Barth

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Kevin, "enforce the rules"? Why make this site a hostile place, the suggestions on the Barth for sale are clear about what would be recommended and helpful to list and sell a Barth.

The requests for data tag info on coaches listed for sale has been going on since 2006 or longer. Sure it helps but we are all part of a nice community where we should all be helpful, not police officers!

If we try to "enforce the rules" and make these post areas rigid people will go away and in the case of selling their rig, will find other alternatives.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Same with PB use. While it helps the site, when we jump on a person's first (and possibly, only) photo we often discourage further posts. No point in leaning on first timers. hmm

PB is such a PITA we lose posts.

Jim you are right. Emphasis on "encourage" not "require." Hard enough to attract new members as it is.

There is no reference to data tags anywhere in the TOS. Any OWNER may post in "Barths for Sale". 3rd party non members sales belong in "Barth Sightings."

In the rules for the Sale forum the Data Tag NUMBER is referenced to avoid duplicate postings, probably a good idea.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5158 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It's a difficult thing. On the one hand, we would like to have every Barth that's for sale listed on Barthmobile. On the other hand, we would hope Barthmobile isn't used as just another way of advertising a person't motor home for sale. Aren't there some rules that a new member has to have a certain number of posts before they can do certain things? Wish Rusty were here to clear it up Frowner

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim it is not all that difficult, we are all joined together by the common interest and LOVE, BARTH. Patience and tolerance is always required within a community. NEWBIES probably will not or have not read TOSs or suggestions when joining Barthmobile. Having said that, we all need to be respectful and helpful where ever we can to improve our community.

My feeling is that we should in fact have a guard installed where a new person joining must get approval from Bill NY or his designee before they can post anything. They could be advised our TOS's and suggested guidelines and we all welcome them.

Rules? Not here! You may want to call TOS's rules but no one should have to police a forum or feel they must police a forum, we are a society and do have breakouts but those can be handled with respect and dignity but not handled like a bunch of unruly school children.

Rusty did a lot behind the scenes, no fanfare, with typical actions of the Captain. No noise, no vote, just kept the train on the tracks and dealt with any situation fast and efficiently. Yes we all miss him, big footprints that will be hard to fill.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Conscience, cooperation, intent and honesty. This is a voluntary and congenial group of like minded enthusiasts and should be governed by the fore mentioned.(maybe not in that order) Like it, live with it!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your comments. I was busy all day today and pleased to see lots of posts. Suggestions here do reflect our mission. WE LOVE BARTH!

quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
My feeling is that we should in fact have a guard installed where a new person joining must get approval from Bill NY or his designee before they can post anything. They could be advised our TOC's and suggested guidelines and we all welcome them.

Do we have any volunteers for a helper (designee) to further our mission. Everyone knows our host Superman and also runs a demanding business and could use our help with Barthmobile.com.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Don't we need to have guidelines & accountability?!?! This site would be a mess if there wasn't some of this. We've all seen issues that pop up now & then that we need someone or a guideline to help ....."guide us". Right??!!

TERE

Bill & Rusty, & many more did a lot behind the scenes in this regard via PM's or phone calls. I appreciate some guidelines/rules/boundaries within reason & the someone who is willing to lead.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

posted Hide Post
With most people COMMON FRKN SENSE has governed this site with some overseeing by good people like Bill NY and
Rusty.
I have been connected to this site long before the date stated on my ID and only in recent years have I noticed the usual renegades, as common on free sites, becoming an annoyance.
I would like to suggest that those of whom are so concerned develop a Constitution, bill of rights and bylaws and organize this site rigidly!!!!!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are guidelines. The TOS is clear for most issues that have risen or will rise.

If there is any question about guidelines/rules/boundaries please go to TOS to refresh. It is all there and very complete. No need to re-invent the wheel or police the site. If some don't follow TOS I am sure they will be notified in a polite and friendly way.

Go to the bottom of the posts and click on Terms of Service.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I joined this site on the old forum in early 2002 and this "problem" seems only to have arisen in the last several months. Perhaps this was due to monitoring by Rusty but I think it may result more from aggressive concern. A gentle word in the private message option might be well advised. jmo Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are guidelines. The TOS is clear for most issues that have risen or will rise.

X-actly! well thought out, clearly written and rife with COMMON SENSE.
"A gentle word in the private message option might be well advised. jmo Tim" .that too.