Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Next time you go to fill your fuel tanks...
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Next time you go to fill your fuel tanks...
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This was forwarded to me by another member. It seems legit based on the United State Geological Survey, which is a government run organization.
quote:
Subject: : Oil Discovery - You Better Sit Down

I suggest you click on the link at the end of this article. I would also like to hear why there is any governmental restriction on drilling.

EVERYTHING IS POLITICS...LET'S GET WITH IT........

Here's an interesting read: and some important and verifiable information :

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes brothers was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "More than all the Middle East put together."

Please read below:
The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008
that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big! It was a
revised report (which had not been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in
this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme
eastern Montana .....

Check THIS out:
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable. At $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada. For years, U. S. oil exploration has been >> considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves. We now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because the information is from 2006!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this 'mother lode' of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

- 18-times as much oil as Iraq

- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait

- 22-times as much oil as Iran

- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America >> become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people >> dictate our lives and our economy.

WHY?
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to.

Do ya' think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:

Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices -

By doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Read this also. I have read about this for years also. And when in Alaska, most of the pipeline oil goes to Japan and etc. sky

Rocky Mountain Oil

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
There are several points that cross my mind concerning this issue of oil reserves and the global fuel industry:

1) I personally would rather see the environment come first.
2) I would also like to see a fossil fuel alternatives be incentivized even if large reserves are uncovered.
3) Some things are not what they seem, i.e. oil sands in Canada are still too expensive to extract with current technology even though news reports may state there are X billion gallons there.
4) Lobbyists are a major problem confronting what's best for the American people & what gets voted forward.
5) War, is still a tool to accelerate commodity usage and is incredibly wasteful of limited natural resources (no matter how necessary).
6) Consumers are more akin to sheep in their ability to see ahead and make correct choices!

None of this gives me much confidence on the way forward, but the longer I expand my view of history, the more I see that a breakthrough is around the next corner...or the one after that...or somewhere out there....

and I still wouldn't buy from Citgo even if it were half the price!! Violence
Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post

I believe Item 4 should be in ALL CAPS and at the top of the list.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
As much as it makes sense to oppose dictators and tyrants, boycotts of the Citgo retailers are probably going to do nothing. This is because of the structure of the gasoline retailing businesses.

Please let me refer you to a document prepared for the AGs of 4 northeastern states, regarding the pricing of gasoline: http://www.statecenterinc.org/..._Report_09-07-07.pdf

[whether this people are crooks and the report is crooked is a matter to be determined]

But according to this document, 100% of the Citgo retail locations are "Jobber-branded". See table 4.7 of that report. None of the locations are owned by the company, or a leased from the company.

On the point of the retailers and jobbers, this is on page 8:
"The majority of the gasoline stations in the States are not directly supplied by refiner-marketers, but are instead owned by individual proprietors who purchase wholesale gasoline from refiners at the terminal rack. These stations are typically supplied by jobbers intermediate firms that deliver gasoline from terminals to gasoline stations for a fee. Jobbers may supply many individual stations, each of whom markets various brands of gasoline or unbranded gasoline. Jobbers may maintain relationships with multiple sources for refined gasoline, purchasing gasoline from different wholesalers or different distribution racks depending on the relative posted prices of gasoline, giving them some ability to arbitrage persistent price differences that may exist between local distribution racks."

This confirms what newspaper reports in New England say, that for most of the gas stations, there is no telling who refined the fuel, based upon the sign out front. Fuel delivery truck drivers who've written letters to the editor have said they take their unmarked tractor trailer rigs to the fuel depot and then go to many different branded stations.

The largest petroleum terminal operators in the Boston and Providence markets, respectively, are "Global Companies, LLC" and "MOtiva Enterprises LLC". They in turn probably buy from the refiners, based upon price and so forth. Citgo has a petroleum terminal near Boston.

There is this statement in the report, "Across all of the States, Citgo and Valero supply branded gasoline almost exclusively through jobbers." But I've read this report to mean that the jobbers then do whatever they want with the gasoline they buy.

Table A2.2(A) shows that the Boston area Citgo terminal is an "Exchange/Throughput Partner" of Rio, Sprague, Sunoco, Valero, and XOM. Citgo is likewise a "partner" of the Global Terminal in Revere, ExxonMobil in Springfield, and Springfield Terminals in Springfield.

I think this means there is no certainty of knowing who refined the fuel you buy, at Citgo or elsewhere, at least in Massachusetts. New York seems similar.

Citgo gets good propaganda value and so does Joe Kennedy with the heating oil assistance for poor folks: http://www.citgoheatingoil.com/

stay warm!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 525 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarthBluesmobile:

I think this means there is no certainty of knowing who refined the fuel you buy, at Citgo or elsewhere, at least in Massachusetts. New York seems similar.

That is also true in the SW. several sources at a major refinery near my house say the same thing. they have even said that AZ gas is the same as CA gas in winter, when "reformulation" and other such legerdemain is going on in CA.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Sit back, turn up the volume & enjoy......
THIS is it in a nutshell: Tooling Along

http://www.timhawkins.net/video/government-can.html

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post