Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Storage Cover
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted
Has anyone had experience with fabric storage covers made for Class A coaches? Thinking the zippered front entry would be a plus. Are they worth the investment? Durable as described? One type of material better than another?
I've read most of the manufacturers hype on the offerings out there, but would sure like to hear some feedback from members that have hands-on experience. Smiler

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe one of our nearly 4000 members might have a storage cover. It may be also, that the member with the storage cover just does not frequent Barthmobile daily.
My brother had a storage cover for his fifth wheel. It protected the fifth wheel. The cloth does break down from the sun year after year. Covers may be better than no protection at all.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I had a plastic tarp over my Regal one winter. It was not a fitted cover but it was kept snug with weights and bungee cords. Showed some paint scuffing after the windy winter. Kept the coach dry but removing the snow was REALLY spooky because the plastic is so slick on the metal roof. Since then I only covered the AC units.

Be sure to get something lined.

I have a fitted Kennon airplane cover. It is made of Sunbrella fabric with a satin lining. Never a scratch or scuff. After seven years outside the cover still looked new but the stitching started to fail. (They restitched the whole cover for almost nothing.)

Sunbrella is good stuff.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Priorities Steve, you have a hanger full of stuff, but your aircraft is outside?? lol

I was going to put a tarp over the Barth. glad I read this post!!

Now what do I do with a 30x 20 tarp....

I had a canvas cover for my bass boat, one year in the Florida,sun and it was toast! I replaced it with A Sunbrella cover, moved back north and stored the boat inside so I have no idea how it holds up.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Airplane was outside from 97 to 02 all the time, before I had the hangar. From 03 until 10 I was still working and it sat outside much of the time between trips up north back to the hangar. Since retired in 10 it is inside all the time. That cover is still in great shape.

I think a full size cover made of lined Sunbrella might be too heavy to easily haul up and over a large coach. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
My boat cover is not lined and it is a bit heavier than canvas.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post