Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshield DVR cam
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Haven't seen any discussion about Dash DVR Cams.
Anybody have any experience??

http://www.zetronix.com/Car-Ca...mqsp29hud6kbvmn2ane4

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
BE CAREFUL!!!!

A dash cam sounds like it could be a great idea to exonerate you in case of an accident....

BUT

It could also be used against you to convict you in an accident....

My thoughts are it is better not to have it.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
truckers use them.....

http://www.dieselboss.com/came...v_camera_dvr_hd1.htm

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
BE CAREFUL!!!!

My thoughts are it is better not to have it.

people have been ticketed or arrested for making video of police

It was in the news a couple days ago about a guy winning his defense in court on account of having been arrested for giving a cop 'the bird', nothing more.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
read this pdf

http://www.dieselboss.com/camera/DB4_quickstart.pdf

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:

Case law in many jurisdictions has established the public's right to video police and other public officials, as long as there is no interference.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I know of a case from a post on the CarPC forum. Many have dashcam DVRs with gps coords, heading and mph displayed on the video.

There was a guy who was caught speeding. He agreed he was speeding but didn't agree with how fast the officer claimed he was going.He went to court with his video and was convicted on the speed his DVR showed over the police radar. I guess the issue was how many points this guy would get on his record had he been convicted at the speed the radar showed.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a DVR dashcam. If you got into an accident that was your fault, would you offer the video up to the authorities? You'd only use such a video if it worked in your favor.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Rusty is right in the fact that anyone can video tape or take pictures of a law enforcement officer in the performance of his duties as long as it doesn't interfer or cause a crime scene investigation to be compromised. Also the police has the right to block a picture (stand in the way) if it would reveal an undercover officer's identity.
Remember if you have a dash camera, and are involved in an accident, that camera (video) can be subpoenaed into a court of law and also into civil court.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RitaClark>
posted
quote:

Haven't seen any dialog about Dash DVR Cams. Individuals have been ticketed or captured for making the video of police. http://automobiledecor.com/bes...sh-cam-for-truckers/ Best Dash Cam for Truckers of 2017 Reviewed

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dhaka

Off topic, but what is your location?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dhaka

Are there Barths here?
Do they have dash cams?

Dhaka is the capital and largest city of Bangladesh. The name of the city was spelled as Dacca, which was an anglicisation name until the current spelling was adopted in 1983 to match with Bengali pronunciation. Located in an eponymous district and division, it lies along the east bank of the Buriganga River in the heart of the Bengal delta.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thank you Doug. I suspect that RitaClark is sales pitch since you pointed out this member is in Bangladesh.
quote:
Originally posted by RitaClark:
quote:

Haven't seen any dialog about Dash DVR Cams. Individuals have been ticketed or captured for making the video of police. http://automobiledecor.com/bes...sh-cam-for-truckers/ Best Dash Cam for Truckers of 2017 Reviewed

We will let Bill or Rusty decide.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post