Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A VW Towed (toad) for Steve VW
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
I have seen this option before and now have a reason to use it.

Question:
Should a Barth owner with:

86 Regal SE 33 Tag axle
Chev P3(7) 454HO
425 hp TBI fuel injected

The above engine in his Barth and VW in his screen name choose a stock dawg VW bus or make the VW toad high performance to match his Barth?

Choices:
Stock (dawg)
Super Charged VW

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
If we can find a bolt on Judson supercharger cheap I might be tempted. (I had one on my 64, 50% more power!) Tooling Along

Maybe I could use it to tow the Barth! confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a car or buggy-turbo, in a bus neither-- use the money to build a good larger (longer stroke) engine with thicker cylinder walls, good cooling both air and oil ( with the major emphasis on cooling). there is no substitute for cubic inches and programing a supercharged engine to run for long periods under heavy load is difficult at best.

Posts: 81 | Location: golden valley, az | Member Since: 02-05-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I think the refrain is, "No replacement for displacement."
My last van was a 1964 with the 1958 reduction axles and a 40+ hp engine. Interesting discovery, it could climb inclines where the brakes wouldn't hold. Try retreating under those conditions.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"No replacement for displacement."

Yep, like my 10.4 liter purring CAT.

Are you members afraid to vote because you might be called for jury duty? PLEASE VOTE NOW

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of 3615 members, only 5 have voted! Members there is no extra fee to vote. No other work will be required to vote. I do not even think you have to post anything to vote. Pretty sure all members can vote once. JUST VOTE! At the top of the thread is where you can cast your vote. You do not have to drive any where, just sign in and VOTE. I tried voting often, but I cannot vote for other members. Get out an do the right thing and VOTE!

Picture of hemi354az (FMC #120)
posted Hide Post
I voted for Stock. You need something Reliable, Affordable, Maintainable, Durable -RAMD (US Army Tank Automotive Command acronym) to go get parts for the Hot Rod when it breaks . . . and they all do. Sometimes it is better to Hmmmm along instead of ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM !
Lou FMC#120 in Aridzona

Posts: 36 | Location: Shopsdale, Aridzona | Member Since: 09-07-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
I voted Super Charged . cheers
Just because it will be a GREAT project to watch on BM .
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post