Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Y'all Drive Careful Now, Y'hear!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Y'all Drive Careful Now, Y'hear!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Or this could happen to you.... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Rusty:

Very amusing, thank you.

To expand on a common cautionary tale we’ll call “Do not underestimate little old ladies with umbrellas”.

My mother tells a similar story involving a couple of young men who thought they could ride by on their motor scooter and grab my mother’s colleges video camera as she filmed the Eiffel Tower and disappear into the Parisian traffic with impunity.

Rather than the easy success the young men anticipated my mother's friends, a group of art teachers in a club called “Creativity through madness” gave them a bit of a surprise. The woman with the camera did not let go and yanked one young man off the scooter, another of the women expressively shared her concern with a particularly sturdy English umbrella not commonly sold outside the UK on the scooter driver in as my mother describes it a swing that would make a baseball hall of fame player take notice. Just to make sure everything was clearly understood one of the other women who is very fluent in French told the young men how misdirected their adventures were using a great deal of French not covered in your high school two year curriculum.

My mother said the young men were after a bit more discussion able to find an opening and picked up the scooter fleeing bloodied and clearly in pain. My mother’s participation remained undefined until her death but as she wore Doc Martin boots (she said if the pope wears them they must be OK) when walking in Europe and has been known to get enthusiastic on occasion I can only believe she jumped in as well.

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Thank you Rusty. I laughed so hard it made me cry.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post