Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to Computers and Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just bought a Class C 22'(1977). Iknow nothing about Barth and would appreciate any help. The generator has 1027 hours. Is this a lot, can I expect trouble? I also have 2 light switches coming in the door One turns main lights on, anyone know what the other one does? Everything seems to work, but the water pressure is low, any ideas? I paid $7500.00 Canadian about $5000 US was this too much? Gary

------------------

Posts: 5 | Location: Oakville Manitoba Canada | Member Since: 07-21-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Wow, a Barth Class C

Is it like this?

The only one that I have seen for sale also sold off of this site about a year ago for $7500.00US. I think that was a good deal and I also think that if your coach is in good condition it is well worth $5000 US Plus. If the body is in good condition the 350 will run forever and if it doesn't a rebuild is easily done for what? $2,500.00. Plus, where are you going to find a class vehicle like that.

Send us a pic for the gallery. That would be great.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 24, 2002).]

Posts: 1985 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My second light switch is for the outside handle light on my coach.

Posts: 8 | Location: Plant City,FL,USA | Member Since: 07-17-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, I was so excited about the Class C I didn't read your entire email. My second switch is also for the lighted handle and porch light.

As far as low pressure is concerned, it has to be one of two things. You pump is worn out or most likely you have some air entering the system infront of the pump. If you don't have an obvious leak one of the biggest culprits is the valve one your city water hook up. Easiest way to cur this is a simple cap. Good luck, let us all know what your find.

------------------

Posts: 1985 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. Thanks for the help. Neither suggestions for my switch work, I guess I'll have to pull the fridge and trace the wires. My hose connection is leaking, it looks like someone replumbed with cpvc at some time and never put the check valve back in. I'll use a better plug for now. I nhave a picture but don't know how to get it to you. Gary

Posts: 5 | Location: Oakville Manitoba Canada | Member Since: 07-21-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Gary thanks for the great images. When my wife Deb and I looked for a motorhome I told her that my minimum requirement was that it had to be a coach that I could spend 3 days inside during a rain storm. This Class C, is probably the first one I have seen that fills the bill. Thanks again, we have been waiting a long time for good Class C images.

------------------

posted Hide Post
i have two switches, one is for main lights, the other is for the lighted grab handle..I also have another switch..seperate from the others, its for my quickie steps..Two more switches are overhead, they are for outside lights, port side, and starboard..

Posts: 37 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a bunch guys! The switch is to the great handle. Took me a while to find the bulb. I ended up replacing the socket as I couldn't find a replacement bulb, but it sure looks great at night. I also found the problem with the water pump Ther appears to be a recirculating line from the pump back to the tank, as soon as I shut it off everything works great. I really appreciate this web site. THANKS AGAIN Gary