Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

76 Trombones
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Gunner
posted
The annual Spring Parade to the Tetons steps off smartly at 0800 this Sunday in Georgetown, Texas. The two participants will be driving a 38-foot, 1996, Monarch-style Barth w/Cummins 325hp intercooled & turbocharged diesel behind a 3060 Allison World 6-speed. Notable is the highly polished Sikkens paint: Midnight Blue Sapphire upper, Metallic Silver center, Royal Blue lower; shining 22.5 Alcoa wheels; large American flag streaming from the ladder. Towd is a gleaming jet-black Navigator with 18” shiny-chrome-spoked-wheels. The parade route is due North up I-35>135>81 to York, Nebraska; hang a left on I-80 to Cheyenne; right on I-25 to Casper, another left on hwy 26 to “home” at Colter Bay on Jackson Lake. Entertainment includes "On The Road Again" by the Red-Headed Stranger; Jan & Dean's "Dead Man's Curve", and when Lethargy nods her ugly head the Beach Boys' "Little Deuce Coupe" and Springsteen car songs. Mandatory stops are the Dairy Queen in Concordia, KS where the Blizzard is presented in the cup upside-down to prove it is the real thing; Cabela’s “World Headquarters” in Sidney, NE where we don’t buy the overpriced cheaply-made clothing but do salivate over the firearms; and discounter Sierra Trading Post Headquarters in Cheyenne where we stock up on quality-made, inexpensive outdoorsy clothing and footwear.
Spectators are invited to wave; the best viewing is from the Great Platte River Road Archway Monument which spans I-80 near Kearney, NE. The Fall parade will leave Wyoming in mid-October.
Watch for us, and WAAAAVVE! Gunner

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got any room in that toad for me? You wouldn't hardly notice. Where do you stay at Colter Bay? Not the NP campground?? I don't recall what else is there that would handle a coach of that magnitude.

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Where do you stay at Colter Bay? Not the NP campground??"??

Employee RV Park: Far superior to the NP campground or the $45-per-night RV Park and it is "free". 50 amp service, free telephone, wide streets which are curved so one is offset from his neighbor, well spaced sites with the forest behind me and a beautiful view of the mountains from my patio; unfortunately, I have to stand up to glimpse the lake through the trees. Aaaand..I GET PAID!!

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do I sign up??

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Was at Colter Bay last summer with son for campimg and climbimg. Hope you dont get snow this early. Great place to spend a summer have fun. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Theme from Route 66"

Thanks, Dave. We already have this, sung by Ella Fitzgerald with Count Basie ca 1950?? We'll add "your" rendition.