Reply To This Topic

Barth stories, bought and sold
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCooper:
The Regency I purchased is the one mentioned in the Barth Sightings thread that was located in Maple Valley, WA on Craigslist. I picked it up for $8500. So far I have driven from Maple Valley to Everett, It seems from what I am learning from this site is that I got quite a bargain! Smiler

? The 1991 34' ?
I agree that you got a bargain -- more than 95% depreciation. From now on, it should Appreciate.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RCooper
posted Hide Post
It is a 1989 34' Regency wide body, Cat 3208T, Allison 4sp, air ride suspension

Posts: 8 | Location: Sequim, WA | Member Since: 12-04-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RCooper
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo. Its all I have now, I will post more later.

Posts: 8 | Location: Sequim, WA | Member Since: 12-04-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RCooper
posted Hide Post
I just found my coach on the Data Tag Number Project page. The data tag number is 8909 0133.
Here is a couple of pics that was with it.

Picture of RCooper
posted Hide Post
It looks like the PO was a member.

Picture of RCooper
posted Hide Post
Here is another pic. Does anyone know by the engine serial number what the HP is? I do know its a 3208T.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Kevin and Cooper, Cooper Your coach was manufactured on 8909 0133, mine was manufactured on 8910 0135 and Kevin's was manufactured on 8911 0136. All thre coaches were manufactured within the last quarter of 1989. I have the origional factory order form from the Barth factory and a copy of the check from the credit company whom paid Barth and factored the coach for dealer. A new Barth Regency with a cat 3208T on a Gillig chassis was $5,000 more than one on a spartan chassis with a cummins. The wide body was a $5,000 option also. And if you notice, the Gillig chassis usually has a way larger gross weight.
Cooper, as for the speed up the mountains, with a 3208T, you wil not have the speed up the mountains because the torque is not there.
I hope you enjoy your coach and hope to see you both.
And all three have the same color profile "silver anniversy". Take care and you all have a nice day. Ray

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Clint
You asked "Also does yours have the front electrical compartment schematic? Mine doesn't. If you have one, a copy would be appreciated."
Yes... mine does have a front electrical compartment and I though all Regencies have one. Are you looking for a schematic drawing? We really enjoy our wide body and I am sure you will enjoy your Barth. I hope I attached the photo correctly.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Also to get 3208T 300 HP you also have the extra intake cooler.

Vin decoder

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 85 28' Regal with a 454. PO was asking 10,000 and I got for 9,000. 750 mi form home got 60 mile and the trans went out. Told my 4 children it cost their inheritence $40 a mile for their Dad's play toy. Now 4.5 months later Bart is ready to go and it is 18 with snow. Replaced trans, starter, fuel pump, steering damper an tie rods. Now will just pittle with Bart and upgrade as I have time. Looking forward to Milford and seeing what everyone has done to theirs. This is my first RV and looking forward to seeing the country and meeting new people. Retired at 65 started riding motorcycles at 67 now have ridden in all 50 US states and 6 Canadian. Will be towing my bike.

Posts: 39 | Location: Amarillo, TX | Member Since: 10-19-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jerry, when did you buy your '85 Regal? I bought mine in '05 and drove it through Amarillo on the way to NC from Prescot, AZ. Paid $17K for it then and have that much more in it now. And the tranny is still fine. Your PO must have done something nasty to that thing because the TH400 3-speed was just about bullet proof.
"The TH400 transmission is largely considered as one of the greatest transmissions ever manufactured. Its name in itself is synonymous with strength and durability. It was used in a multitude of different vehicles and has a well respected reputation that spreads many spectrums including: Muscle Cars, Full size Trucks, Jeeps, and even luxury vehicles like Ferrari and Jaguar. Its service for over 30 years earns the TH400 the well deserved title as one of the most legendary transmissions of all time."

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
I bought my MCC [sight unseen] on Ebay for $7700US via paypal
from a very friendly seller
because I am in love with the MCC concept!
It had been listed on Barth Sightings by a Barthmobile member...
while at that time and sometime previously
I had been in communication with another owner
who wanted twice that amount for his MCC coach!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Ok I will tell. I watched this Barth as it sold and was part of a land trade. Shortly after it came up on Craigslist for 35k. then 30, then 25, then 22. I called and tried to trade my boat and truck together but he declined.

I traded the boat and truck for a 04 XJR and 20k cash and drove to the Barth. It wouldn't start. Frustrated after a 2 week set up and gambling the loss of my beloved boat and truck I looked at him and said. " I feel pretty good about having 20k cash and a Jag." Best poker face possible.

BTW took 3 banks on a Friday in Redmond WA to come up with that much cash. Strange...

Then I turned and said I believe you that it runs. I like the coach. If you can get it started I will give you 15k cash and drive it home without a test drive.

He agreed.

Cheers Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
Well, I was looking for a Breakaway and found the 1993 33' down in Yuma. Rob and I settled on a price of $17,500 which was fair to both of us, I think. The unit has 102,000 miles, does not leak at all and does not use any oil. It has nearly new Michelin tires, new batteries and a new passenger W/S. I really wanted an Allison 6 speed and this Barth had that. It is on a Spartan chassis with a 205" wheel base.

Rob also had all of the original documentation including blue-line drawings of the color-coded wiring harnesses. Most of the electrical stuff looks to be original. I have already read most of the Barth and Spartan manuals and am really glad he held on to them for all of these years.

Is it perfect? No, but it is about 22 years old now and needs a few things. We have driven it 775 miles or so towing a Jeep Liberty and I was really surprised at the ability of it to keep up with the traffic and its overall ease to drive. Since 1992, we had towed a 29' TT and this MH seems easier to handle than the truck/trailer combination.

So, unless something unexpected happens we plan to keep this Breakaway for years to come.

Don

1993 Breakaway 33'. Cummins 6BTA5.9 with Bosch injection. Upped to 260 HP or so. Third owner.

"If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well!!" Cummings Law

Posts: 140 | Location: Central New Mexico | Member Since: 04-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
sounds enviable, Don. nearly the optimum Barth

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post