Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Dogs etc in your RV??
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dogs etc in your RV??
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Originally posted by Rusty:
...but I need carpet for the dogs to have traction.... Nelson was on the sofa,
but Casey slid 10', almost to the firewall.
~~~~~
Firewall is in front?

Do you let them roam inside while traveling??
...how often do you have a doggie rest stop?

Have traveled in my Saturn Vue Hybrid [with my Dog and Wife] from
Nova Scotia to GTO. Mexico twice in the past five years
so am no stranger to their needs Smiler!!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They're accustomed to going out 3 or 4 times a day; they go out before we hit the road, then just before sunset after we stop.

They roam free in the coach, although most of the time is spent sleeping or on a chair looking out the window (the copilot's chair is turned around, so the back restrains them if I brake hard). They do take advantage of my being captive in the driver's seat to get strokes occasionally.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Our long skinny cat likes to stretch out on top of the panel along the windshield. He is over 3 ft long when stretched out and has attracted much attention as we motor along or when parked. He has several other favorite spots in the coach.

He's been through about 20 states now, about 30,000 miles, still a long way to go to catch up with Rusty's dogs!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Our long skinny cat likes to stretch out on top of the panel along the windshield. .[/quote]

Ditto for my 50 lb. "Italian Short Eared Fox Hound" she attracted a lot of attention to herself and the old '77 Barth.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
And I thought we were the only ones with carpet for the dog! Better traction and warmer, softer. We always covered up the original floor so the carpet could be exchanged if needed. Over the last 20 years we had 3 different doggies and they all roamed free in the coach. A morning, noon, evening and before bed stroll was our daily routine. Snoopy loved to sleep on the couch all the time.
Sadly toward the end of his life he suffered from dementia and we had to keep him in a kennel during the drive because his panic attacks would send him racing even under the drivers foot. And he wanted to go out every two hours day and night.
Just missing that little friend.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Snoopy was a lucky dog to have such great owners. I am sure he lived longer because of the loving care he got. It is so hard to lose pets. Our last cat was 20 yrs old when he died 15 years ago. I still miss him a lot.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our long skinny cat likes to stretch out on top of the panel along the windshield. He is over 3 ft long when stretched out and has attracted much attention as we motor along or when parked. He has several other favorite spots in the coach.

What! are you guys traveling with a Bobcat? Three feet that is an impressive size cat, I'm sure he gets some second looks.

We normally travel with our German Shepherd and a miniature Dachshund. The German Shepherd looks pretty impressive sitting in the drivers seat while I'm fueling up. He always draws a comment or two. He usually sleeps on the couch while we drive, gets up every now and then checks things out and then goes back on the couch. What a Life!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
In our first motorhome we took out a chair to make room for our 100 lbs Kuvasz (Hungarian Sheep dog). She preferred to lay in the hallway wedged between the wall and the bathroom door ...
Snoopy (when not sleeping on his couch) would sit in the passenger chair, resting his back against the backrest. Sometimes he would just growl at some people walking across the parking lot. I never knew how he determined these were BAD people.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Casey and Nelson sit in the driver's and copilot's chairs when parked - and they still growl at the Cagles and Johns after 8 years...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here's one at Lenny and Judy's a while back. I'll see if I can find one with the "full monty" stretch

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
After 20 years with Misty, She has gone to Kitty Heaven. She was indeed my cat, always on my lap when ever I was around.

She has made a few RV trips with us, not much in the Barth.

She died peacefully yesterday, She will be missed but not replaced!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is very hard not to get attached to an animal that lives so long. Reilly is now 16 yrs old, our previous cat lived 20 yrs, I still miss him.

Lots of good memories, Reilly now has 35,000 miles in the coach, hoping for lots more.

Are you getting up this way to see your brother? Let me know if so.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I miss Norman, my domestic shorthair, who was my (and Nelson's) cuddle buddy for 15 years.

But today, an 8-week old Golden puppy joined Nelson and me.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Rusty. I hope you named your new pup after an American sailor.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post