Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motor Coach Restorations
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Well another anniversary is about to pass....
It has been four months since I got my MCC and MCR agreed to do a general maintenance on it for $$$ and requested money before service---ok they got it and I thought they would be prompt about doing it!! Latest info from them is mid-September...Frowner

Although they have a web site, they do not have email because they had a virus a few years ago that wiped off much of the data they had entered and now are leary of the internet.

I have been to MCR in Broadwell IL at their new site having moved from Lincoln Il after Leslie died!

Is patience A virtue?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
Is patience A virtue?
Trust me Doug... you're not the only one to complain to me that the folks at MCR is dropping the ball.

Sadly, if they keep this up, I don't think they'll be in biz much longer.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has been four months since I got my MCC and MCR agreed to do a general maintenance on it for $$$ and requested money before service---ok they got it and I thought they would be prompt about doing it!! Latest info from them is mid-September...Frowner

Doug,

Share with us what the heck you are having repaired Confused

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
If I were you I would go get my coach and money back TODAY. Bill is right - they probably won't be around much longer. If they go bankrupt, you may have a real tuff time getting your coach off their property.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying that the sky is falling... I'm saying I've heard the same thing from other people. I hope they get their act in gear and I wish them continued success throughout the years.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Such a tragedy.

The later MCCs were such nifty coaches. I would have bought one, were it not for the uncertain parts situation.

One ride in one hooked me.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Share with us what the heck you are having repaired Confused[/QUOTE]

...I asked them to replace/repair anything/everything that you guys generally recommend to have it roadworthy as it was sitting there for four years on consignment but everything was up to date when it was placed there. They were replacing batteries, hoses, fluids, etc. for about $3000. They suggested to replace the tires for michelins for an additional 2200 at the time buy I said no....then. I have since changed my mind as I have actually seen the coach and the tires and the tires are unsafe, cracked...etc.
I bought this coach off ebay, sight unseen. But no regrets so far, except a missed summer without it, and am saving $$$ by not payinf for fuel Smiler
...and I am learning more about it every day...The engine has been replaced already and it now has a newer thinner? head with the better bolts...it has both a steering upgrade as well as upgraded to larger brakes...it is a MCC rather than a MCC by Barth cause Barth really took over after ****00038 when MCC went bankrupt and built the remaining 7 MCC type and they acquired the rights to use the Regency chassis onward. MCR has since acquired these rights from Barth.
MCR is now, basically, a one man show who does it as a sideline to his regular job, with the aid of his 70 yr young Mother.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
To Doug and all with MCC motor homes (MCC or Barth) in fact any Barth motor home.
IF you have any questions about a Barth repair or parts you can call:

Jim Black owner and operator of:
RECREATIONAL VEHICLE SERVICES at:
(408)779-3173 or toll free (800)821-2266
web site www.rvsrepair.com

Jim actually worked on the Barths as they were being made and became a designer/engineer of many of the Barth parts.
I have talked with him and ordered parts from him.
His knowleged and service is without question- excellent.

Just passing this on for those who need it.

Jim & Barb Thumbs Up

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post