Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Looking for a Diesel Pickup?

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Looking for a Diesel Pickup?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Here 'tis

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wow... I've gotta save this for posterity. Big Grin
quote:
For Sale 2001 Ford F-250

OK, let me start off by saying this Ford F-250 is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Ford F-250 would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly. Truck is a 2nd owner clean carfax and well maintained. Blue with tan leather interior and grey bedliner.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things. No, that's what your Prius is for. If that's the kind of car you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now.

I mean it.

Just stop.

Ford contracted with ex Green Beret and Navy Seals secluded in a fortress somewhere in the Rocky Mountains to engineer this machine. They designed it to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous ‘nancy’ boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what the hell On Star is).

No, this 4X4 brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 7.3 liter POWERSTROKE diesel pushing (depending on the superchip setting you select) 365 Horse Power and 300 pounds of torque through a 5 inch exhaust, 35 inch Goodrich A/T tires (less than 3,000 miles on the tires) with 6 inch lift. Outrun the cops? Hell, just run OVER the them..then go and hook a chain to their station and drag it through town.

I have maintained it with Amsoil products for the 8 years I have owned the truck, I even have a dual bypass filter installed and take regular samples to test oil. Amsoil Series 3000 specially made for diesels, amsoil antifreeze, Amsoil differential fluids, amsoil transmission fluids, the works, higher capacity differential cover installed. I even put in fuel injector cleaner every fill up. All fluids were just changed out at 125K miles. The batteries, belts and alternator were replaced at 125k

It's got special blood/gore resistant upholstery. It even has a first-aid kit in the back. You know what the first aid kit has in it?
• A pint of whiskey,
• a stitch-your-own-wound kit
• and a hunk of leather to bite down on when you're operating on yourself.

The Ford F-250 also has an automatic transmission so if you're being chased by Libyan terrorists, you'll still be able to shoot your machine gun out the window and drive at the same time. It's saved my bacon more than once. I have a complete book of receipts and maintenance records and missions logged. The alarm gives you piece of mind (the D.O.T made me disconnect the dynamite but the audible alarm is sufficient) and the remote start lets you crank him up to heat or cool the truck inside while you are ambling across the parking lot like John Wayne.
I put in a 2006 center console =because I liked it better and it could hold both my .44 magnums and all the ammo.
It has room for you and the four hotties you picked up on the way to the gym to blast your pecs and hammer your glutes. There's a tow hitch to pull a Howitzer into the hills of Afghanistan and take out the Taliban for good. I also just put in a new windshield to replace the one that got shot out on my last mission.
Stereo is terrific and should be since the receipts total over $3,000, Alpine head unit with ipod connections, Sony 12 disc changer, Fosgate and Xtreme amps pushing polk and punch speakers. Custom speaker box is under the back seat, but still leaves room for a couple of shotguns under there too.
Superchip tuner installed with settings for performance, economy, pulling over 6,000 pounds, pulling under 6,ooo pounds and factory setting. I have a bunch of pictures I can send you or come see it yourself. If you have been looking for a 7.3 liter diesel, I doubt you will find nicer, better maintained or battle tested than this one. Give me a shout at four zero four six nine four nine eight three eight.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $17,250 but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $5,000 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab.
Would it hurt?

Hell yeah.

Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 131,000 miles on this four-wheeled hellcat from Planet Kickass.
Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.
Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then contact me. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my pet alligator, but I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk about a price over a shot of Wild Turkey while we listen to Johnny Cash.

Rock on.

I wonder what he is over compensating for? Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
When you got to flout it, you don't have it.
J

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sounded to me like the poster was protecting the girly-guys from getting in over their heads...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I'll bet the guy has trouble getting dates.

Can you imagine the personal ad he would write?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a weak willy ..probably sits down to pee.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Awww, come on y'all. I was gonna call him up to post the Regency for me on CL. He's got quite the imagination, just think what he could do with a Barth ad........ confusion

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
Sounds like a weak willy......

D'ya think he might be overcompensating?

The ad seems to be advertising as much (or more) about himself and his manliness than the truck.

Oh, that's right, "You ARE what you drive".

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
He lost me at "automatic transmission".

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Report This Post