Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Unique For-Sale ad....
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Unique For-Sale ad....
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
There's been a lot of discussion here about what makes for an effective For-Sale listing.

Here's one that, while not top-drawer in the sense of composition, is an enjoyable read nonetheless....Many of us can probably empathize with the situation......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Crown-Bus-RVconvers...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
What a hoot, thanks Lee - Imagine being a fly on the wall in that household.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
That lady is welcome to sit around our campfire any time. Drinks and appetizers included.

Maybe we can convince them to buy a Barth and join us here.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Hehe, sounds like she's not a big fan of camping. Wink Very well-worded ad indeed, eBay would be a lot more entertaining if more people put in personal snippets like that!

And you know, looking at that "bus-to-RV" as she called it... a good paint job and it really could be a cool looking classic.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I liked it - she sounds like a "We're going to go camping HOW FAR from the nearest mall???"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Gotta say that the bus is attractive, and the inside looks really clean. I always just older coaches by the ceiling and it looks really nice. Actually this could really be a great weekender for a young family.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post