Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Value for a Legend trailer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted
This is an enclosed cargo trailer 26 feet. Is there something like NADA for trailers? Or does any racecarhauler know this brand? It is 3 years old with a V nose and I am considering trading for it and just try to get a fare deal.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Could you check on ebay and see if there are any for sale and what the bidding is like?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
http://www.legendmfginc.com/

Nice brand, all aluminum.

Value dependent on year, shape, mileage, and options.

26' is a big and heavy trailer. I tow a 16' aluminum enclosed with my Barth (325HP) and I can state I would not want anything more than, say, 20' due to weight and clearance.

Trailers tend to be made regionally, so you see brands locally. There are a few well recognized national brands like Featherlite or Wells Cargo, but Legend is a Michigan company, so I would expect their dealer network to be within a 1000 miles of there.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more thing, I had a V nose before I had my current Horton Hauler which is a flat nose. I'll never own a V again. When a Tractor Trailer or bus gets up along side the V, you can really feel the "bow wake" of air wagging your tail sideways with the V. With the flat nose I feel nothing.

I also could feel crosswinds much more with the V, especially when towed behind my truck. The concept of the V nose is that it should be more efficient, but I believe that is almost all hype and perception based advertising. In a wind tunnel I don't think the V nose would show much improvement as it doesn't extend much above the truck and nothing above an RV. The V nose also gives you less room than a comparable flat nose.

Finally, if this 26 footer has 3 ft of tongue, anything more than a 31' RV would be over length in several states.

I realize I'm assuming you would tow with your Barth, a 1 ton truck would be a good match for this trailer.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I just checked Ebay and I'm in Mich. here is all I found and it is 29'... There are alot of hitches listed ubder "Legend" but not many trailers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ptZMotorsQ5fTrailers

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
all I found and it is 29'

The trailer in the Ebay ad is specifically a snowmobile trailer. They are Drive Through, so the V nose is required. If you've ever tried to wrestle a sled back out of a trailer you would know why this is such a necessary feature.

Snowmobile trailers are usually full width to accommodate the newer and wider sleds (2 across). They are often lower ceiling height than a car trailer, different weight capacities and have different tie down structures. This one on EBay is as big as I've ever seen, so it may be built on a car hauler base, but smaller trailers can be a miss-match.

Notice the small doors on the side for fueling each sled.