Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Darth Vader and the Blues...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Darth Vader and the Blues...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Too funny! I dig all Star Wars humor.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty but, as soon as I realized it was from You Tube, I closed it. A couple of weeks ago, it came to light that You Tube, (Owned by Google) was allowing terrorists to post videos of American servicemen being murdered. You Tube and parent Google refused to remove all of the videos because it would infringe on the freedom of speech for terrorists. As a result, Google (my former favorite search engine) and You Tube are not allowed on our computers. I've since heard that You Tube pulled MOST of the videos but not all of them. IMHO, I don't think they should have been allowed to stay at all. I know it might be hard to police some of the postings but when they refuse to remove them after it has come to light; I have no use for them.

Before Google came along, I always used Yahoo and that is what I'm using again. Surprisingly, I have not missed Google at all. I do miss some of the really funny videos I've seen on You Tube but if they can't support the United States of America, they are certainly not welcome in my home.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't post these things, it is merely a personal decision I have made with support from of my family. The Air Force uses Google and I'm pushing to have them eliminate Google as well. I doubt it will happen but, you never know.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't post these things, it is merely a personal decision I have made with support from of my family.
Thanks for the info Bill

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
Thanks Rusty but, as soon as I realized it was from You Tube, I closed it. A couple of weeks ago, it came to light that You Tube, (Owned by Google) was allowing terrorists to post videos of American servicemen being murdered.

I respectfully endorse a different point-of-view. I give myself latitude in doing this because I had 34 years of military service, sworn to "Support and defend the Constitution..."

While I'm in agreement that the posts to which towerguy refers are repugnant, repulsive, and disgusting, (as are those showing flag-burnings and the like), it has always been my position that my oath to "Support and defend the Constitution" bound me to defend (but not endorse) the rights of even the lowest lifeforms, without imposing my mores on that expression.

The right of free speech imposes on those of us who've been duty-bound to defend it the commitment of enduring those who express it in ways we find nauseating. But that's the nature of the obligation I willingly accepted on July 5, 1960...and from which, though retired, still having my Commission, I have not been released.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I concur with Rusty. My obligation, also willingly undertaken, predates his by 14 years.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
To olroy and Rusty,
Ya are old!!! Sleeping I didn't go in until 1962. Just a kid.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post