Tools
Reply To This Topic

5th of July, the morning after
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
At about 10 PM the fireworks show began as usual. About 15 minutes into the show, the other guys' boat blew up! There were 5 guys on the pontoon when all hell broke loose. They all jumped in the lake in time.
The blast was so intense it dented the bottom on both pontoons and split a seam open in one.

This morning: You can see one side dent in the photo. confusion

After assuring no one was hurt I continued the show. Ran double time to keep the show going. Ran about 25 minutes in spite of the other guys dropping out. My boat still floats but it was trashed.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Close call - glad no one was hurt. It could have been much worse.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
You boys are CRAZY!. Talk about "Smoke On The Water"

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
You boys are CRAZY!. Talk about "Smoke On The Water"

just goes to show ya...
Don't trust a CHEMISTRY teacher

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
How many dead fish? Hide
Glad nobody got hurt

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It was awesome, indeed. I was closer than those on shore, got a REAL good look. confusion

A very large roaring fireball (like 10 ft in diameter!) covered the back half of the boat. Anyone in there would have been killed for sure. Some of the flaming debris almost made it to me and to shore. Blew 2 foot size holes in the floor...

The crowd on shore went from loud and rowdy to dead silent... (estimated about 2500 or so!)

I immediately saw the guys in the water, was assured all were accounted for and not seriously hurt. (one fellow was branded on the arm, a red stripe from something that almost missed him.) Suddenly I was very happy to have my little shelter booth!

To my knowlege, no fish were harmed. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post