A Chrismas Eve Story
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...g7s&feature=youtu.be

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Great story, Corey.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Thanks Corey makes you thankful for what we have. Brought a tear to my eye. How can't it.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
Thanks Corey...and Thanks to ALL who serve...

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Good one, Corey.

Merry Christmas to all....

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Thanks Corey,

As a retired LEO (law enforcement officer) with 40+ years service, this brought back so many memories.
Yes, almost all the holidays including Christmas meant a working day and often with a tragic memory tho many, many were joyful.

Sometimes what ever causes it will bring back a flash back. Many LEO's can't forget incidents and I'm one of them.

This trooper's story sparked many flash backs of of which one I will tell.
It was the night before Thanksgiving and I received a death message to deliver from the Texas State Patrol.
I was working in Missouri at the time and it was 2:30am. The message- the son driving his motorcycle from a Texas college was struck and killed on the interstate. Please advise the parents of the death and have them call the following (phone numbers and ask for...).
As I stood at the doorway I am thinking of all my blessings and what I am thankful for.
After sometime the mother answers the door. I ask if her husband is home and she becomes very upset.
He finally comes into the room and I asked them to sit down that I wished to talk to them. She refused and got right in my face and her husband stepped up behind her. She said "if you need to say something or if this is an investigation get to the point".
With that I tried to be as gentle as I could. As soon as I had spoken the words, she slapped me in the face screaming "your a liar".
After that she nearly fainted and I got her to the couch. I held her hand and asked them if I could pray with them and they both nodded yes. I then made several phone calls for them and then stated I had to leave. The father came outside as I opened the door and surprised me with this statement "are you going to file any charges against my wife for stricking you".
I gave the man a hug and said "sir, don't even think about that and if you and your wife need any help at all please call me'.

LEO's don't often talk about the compassion they offer....after all we are taught never to show emotion , as that shows weakness. One rule I often broke.

Have a great joyful healthy NEW YEAR,

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I knew you would appreciate and understand the retired Trooper's story.

Having worked as a volunteer on a rescue squad for quite a few years, I acquired a tremendous appreciation for the job done by Law Enforcement and how unsung their dedication can be.

I, for one, appreciate the difficult sacrifice made by LEOs around the country. Without question they are the most unsung heros of the first responder community and I can't explain why. Perhaps the gun....I just don't know.

Thanks for your service,your perspective, and the heart-felt story.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Brought more than a few tears. But a wonderful story that proves that there are many very wonderful people in our great country.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post