Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Impressive Restoration!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Impressive Restoration!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Check out this one

Holiday Imperial

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
That Holiday is impressive. But note, he went to a diesel pusher. Same old discussion of diesel vs gas
Humbo

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
This gentleman might be under the affliction of "polishing the turd" syndrome. By no means does that mean he didn't do a fantastic job, but to put the amount of time and money into that piece of vintage iron may turn out to be a severely bad investment. It's like restoring a four door Mailbu versus an big block SS, there is a difference.

DPs are overkill for many, but it's hard to argue they are superior in many ways. from the diesel power and longevity to the quiet ride, from the fuel mileage to the air ride, most DPs are in a higher quality category than the gas rigs. There are exceptions of course, but in Class As it is hard to recall anyone "upgrading" form diesel to gas. It is sorta obvious if you look at the price differentials, but again, that doesn't mean that a diesel is for all, especially if used infrequently.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
under the affliction of "polishing the turd" syndrome.

L.O.L.!....... I can relate....perhaps closer than others Big Grin deadhorse

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 03-26-2012 12:28 PM Hide Post

quote:
under the affliction of "polishing the turd" syndrome.

L.O.L.!....... I can relate....perhaps closer than others

While you probably literally polished a few turds of the ole Barth, your rig is far more like the SS big block 2 door in my analogous rant!! Big Grin

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Corey, I thought you were a nice guy, what have you got against Polish turds? ROTFLMAO

my Dad's version: you can spray paint a dog turd if you want but don't expect it to last...

Is that like lipstick on a pig?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post