Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Impressive Restoration!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Impressive Restoration!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
Hats off to folks like this - bringing an old coach back to life, knowing they'll never recoup their investment Frowner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&hash=item3a70530717

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I'm tired just reading the ad. There was a lot of work put in this coach.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC
The pic of the headers is almost as pretty as a Playboy centerfold Wink

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
FANTASTIC
The pic of the headers is almost as pretty as a Playboy centerfold Wink

Yeah, I'm a sucker for curves, too. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
All I can say to this one is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'd be proud to pull into Dega with this coach. How high will the bidding go? I'll say $21,800, assuming someone really wants it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
No one's gonna argue with your predictions Danny! Big Grin

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
had trouble finding this thread because NEWELL is not in it and thread was not in MAHEM.
anyway, ebay sent me this:

Your watched item has been relisted. Don't let it slip away this time.

Increase your chances of winning! Get eBay mobile and you can shop, bid, and buy right from your phone.

Vintage 1968 Newell 26 Ft. Motor Home
Current price:
$6,100.98
End time: Feb-28-12 07:43:31 PST

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Newell Motorhome

This one got relisted because he had a buddy post the Coach for him, and Airstream was in the title.

What a beauty! Dont know if you can tell from the pictures but it is still in need of a paint job. The gold trim is actually anodized aluminum and the body, (like a Barth) is all aluminum as well. You hate to see a guy put this much work into something and let it go but his loss will be someones major gain. He installed two hi def flat screens inside, got rid of the furnace to save weight, changed the whole ride of the coach by getting rid of the original 22.5" front wheels (which brought front tire height complete to around 37"...that is just how Newell used to do it aparently), and shimmed it out to make the lines better aesthetically on the road. This unit does not have leveling jacks as the ad states, but the rest of the details in work that he performed will take hours to go over. He got rid of the old bendix power steering system and upgraded it to...something better as I could not understand the details over the phone. I don't suppose he would mind my saying the reserve price as it will be common knowledge in a couple days anyway and if it is not reached, he still has the coach. I best ask him first anyway. Super nice guy and will keep you on the phone a while with the slightest provocation. Magnifacent piece. By the way, Newell started manufacturing Coaches in 67 so this 68 is probably about as old as we will ever see on the bay.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
After a couple of relistings, it's now at $17,700!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His reserve is 18 thousand. Real nice guy. More done than he mentions in the add. Great buy if you ask me.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still didn't sell! Reserve was set for 18 thousand and auction finished at $17,899. I figured it would sell for certain.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
Reserve was set for 18 thousand and auction finished at $17,899.

Well, his reserve was pretty reasonable, then. Just a bit too high.

I wonder how it would have sold without a reserve. Many folks will not bother to bid because they suspect a reserve is way high. Reserves are often way high, but in this case, they would have been wrong.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
$101.00 away from the reserve?....In an era of $4.00+ fuel?......I believe I'd be marking it SOLD to the highest bidder deadhorse

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe I'd be marking it SOLD to the highest bidder

indeed it probably will be. But, it will not be an ebay sale and the seller probably will pay no sales commission, only the original listing fee.