Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A VW toad for Steve VW
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
That Big guy does make the Bus look tiny, the Miata work look like a toy car behind that thing...

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Big snow in S Mi and Ohio tonight. Again Fri nite thru Sat morning. All south of here but nasty.

After that a clear spell, warmer temps (upper 20's) Hope roads will dry out on Sat and we will leave Sun AM hopefully.

Have Barth, VW, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve it just started to snow as we speak!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Steve
It's in the 80's today. Have a safe trip down.

Ed&Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Steve, are you staying by Ed and Deb before coming up to Punta Gorda? We could try to get a site for a weekend if you do.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Assuming we get out of here, we are supposed to be at KOA in Starke Feb 11-15 We will miss the first days of that. Then on to Eustis (sp?) for a few nights. From there a week at Meadowlark Feb 18-25 near Deb&Ed, then Ortona South for the last 3 days of Feb. Month of March at Oakhaven. Hope to see as many friends as we can.

Depending on the storms south of us we will leave Sun am or Mon am.

Have Barth and toad, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
So sorry you're having such a hard time getting out of Michigan. I went to school there for four years and know what you're dealing with.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I've got 60 and 4 winters now, had enough. I am a slow learner.

We expected a late start to begin with but not having to wait almost 2 weeks to get a clear day.

It is partially me being stubborn. After that nightmare drive from hell coming home in Dec, I decided I am just not willing to travel with snowy roads, sloppy salt, single digit temps, etc. So here I am. This will not happen again...

Next year I will move the coach south before winter, leave it somewhere it wont need to be winterized.

Looks like Mon am is the day of escape. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Hope Monday works out for you, Steve Tooling Along

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Upper Popsicle is a beautiful place, but as with all beautiful things there is a price to pay, I guess you more than most of us know that.
The Snow has stopped here but as with you it is still going strong south of us and moving east!

You will be home Sunday so you can watch the Daytona Advance Auto Parts race at 3PM...and dream of Florida!!! cheers

Good luck Steve!!! Deadhorse

P30 chassis
350 engine

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just got our reservations in for Meadowlark Feb. 23 & 24. Jackie said they should be able to get us near Steve and Liz so we'll have a mini GTG!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Loooking forward to seeing you and relaxing in a warm place. Thumbs Up

It looks like the big storm missed us this time. Chicago and Detroit got hammered, Ohio too.

Monday is looking good for escape. Only 23 degrees today but first sunny day in a while. Tomorrow and Monday look clear if not real warm. We are out of here soon!

Have Barth, will travel, finally Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well Steve as I look at Nascar practice and all the folks in TEE shirts and shorts, and I look at all the snow and cold out my door, I think of you stuck and plans a bit amiss. Hope you can get started Monday.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
KOA Starke is only 15 miles from here. Looking forward to your arrival!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Here is another campground near Rusty. Travelers Campground It is all pull thru spots. They only take cash, no credit cards. You may call for reservations.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post