Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sun Rocket update
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
Many of you may recall that I switch from Qwest landbased system to Sunrocket VOIP. I ran it side by side question for 90 days to just check it out. Then I had my Qwest number, (number we have had for over 20 years) to Sunrocket. It was seamless and painless. Now instead of an average $80 per month I have paid $199.00 for the entire year with all free longdistance in USA, Canada. We sometimes have a scratchy sound in the phone line but that is rare.

You must have broadband to take advantage of it.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If your internet goes down, how do you call Mumbai?

My HughesNet went sour Monday, and I was 2 1/2 hours talking to a script-reader I could barely understand. Finally, he turned me over to a guy in the US who straightened everything out in a few minutes.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
There are three cellphones in this house. It is remarkable how few land line calles we get. I don't think my daughter has got a single land line call in a year with the exception of school loan telemarketers.

And, not to be contrary, but Deb and I bought our first PC in 1982, we went through that whole thing when we were upgrading twice a year. PC, PC Turbo 12 Mhz, AT, 386, 484, P1, p2, p3, etc. etc. We have had to call tech support a lot, heck we've owned two Compaq Presarios.

I have had two wifi routers plus printers etc... I find the foreign tech support folks are mucn more knowledgeable and helpful than the average American dude. This has just been my personal experience. I should say though that the worst tech support is Cable. I had Time Warner but is now Comcast... Here's the problem, it's never their fault.

"Hey my cables not working", "Do you have a radio in your house", Why, yes of course", "Oh, I'm sorry we do not provide support on radios, good by".

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I've had 5 Macs in the past 12 years. Had a monitor go out under warranty on the first one. Called after lunch, & had a new one by FedEx the next AM. Called Mac tech support twice over all those years. Once it was great, once not so hot.

Ordered a Plantronics headset from an East coast supplier. Had trouble with delivery, it didn't work, had trouble with tech support, threw a tantrum & demanded replacement, got action, but altogether it was 6 weeks too late to use with my new IBM ViaVoice voice recognition software which, itself, turned out to be an idea whose time had not yet come.

Any more, if I doesn't say Apple on it. I look several times before I leap. My daughter & son-in-law use both Macs & PCs in their business. He says the next time the PC (a Dell) goes out, he's scrapping it & sticking with the Macs. They've had 3 or 4, & never had a hardware problem, nor have I but for the one monitor.

I've been thinking of buying a cheap PC laptop, but I think i just talked myself out of it.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post