Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

eBay Polisher
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
For those with bare aluminum to polish, or want the easiest & fastest way to to clean & wax painted surfaces, the Cyclo Polisher is the only way to go....it even does carpet & upholstery.
In Karate Kid fashion, its two orbiting and rotating heads accomplish the Wax-On, Wax-Off action several thousand times a minute. We have them in our aircraft restoration shop and couldn't do the job without them.

Normally about $400 with full attachments, there's one on eBay now with No Reserve at about $50.00....it's at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CYCLO-POLISHER-BUFFER-300-new-NO-RE...d=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Might be a super-deal for someone!

Factory info at:

http://cyclotoolmakers.com/

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Is this what you use? It looks pretty nifty.

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
For cleaning, polishing & maintaining painted surfaces, the Cyclo, by itself, is the best machine you could ever purchase....fast action with little chance of doing damage.

For bare aluminum, ya need two power tools: a 7", 90 degree head rotary sander/polisher w/ wool bonnet capable of 1000-1500 rpm (NOT a high speed grinder). This tool compounds the surface, removes the smut & oxidation, heals scratches and performs all the heavy-duty (& dirty) work. It leaves a clean, uniform, reasonably polished surface, albeit full of swirl marks and other optical defects. (hint: cheap Harbor Freight-type polishers work just as well as good ones - $35.00+/- should do it......)

Final polishing with the Cyclo (& correct polish)will remove swirl marks and impart a high luster finish....final once over with microfiber pads will give a mirror finish that can start the woods on fire......

Good info at: www.perfectpolish.com

PS: By any chance, you're not a smelt dipper are ya? Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If no other Barthmobile members are interested, I may bid on this. If you want it, post here, and I'll back off. For me it would be useful, but for Barthers wanting to polish bare metal, VERY useful.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
$225.00 w/ shipping....Not a steal, but still an honest price and a tad below jobber cost. Heck,with only 1.5 hours on it, the brushes aren't broken-in yet.