Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Obey the law of the land, Express yourself in a positive way here.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Obey the law of the land, Express yourself in a positive way here.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Let us keep this topic friendly positive, so Rusty or Bill NY does not have to close the topic.

I am starting this topic conversation on traffic cameras. Bottom line is we would not need the cameras if everyone would comply with the law. I will quote comments from other postings for the convenience of reading them in one place.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Many of the surrounding areas in my home town have the Photo "Police" also. The photo police relax and enjoy donuts and coffee while parked. The Photo Police captures photos of unsafe drivers. The photos are sent back to the owners of the vehicles by way of snail mail. The pictures of the unsafe operator include a ticket to the vehicle owner. NO the ticket is not to the Pgh. Pirate game. It asks you the owner of the vehicle to please return some money to the address enclosed. In many cases if you do not forward the money for the ticket(s) you can get Free room and board, for a few days or month.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:

Kevin, This wouldn't work..Moving violations have to go to the driver of the vehicle at the time of the violation occurrence. The owner may have not been driving at the time.. Absentee tickets are usually just equipment, license tags or parking violations when no driver is present..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
In Fremont CA, they employee stop light cameras. Cops are no where around. You roll thru a red light, the flash goes off and you receive a ticket in he mail. Cameras are good and can clearly show the drivers face in most instances. The ticket comes from the company that owns the camera system from Arizona. It is reviewed by an officer (he will be in court if you try to fight it) and then the ticket is sent along with the video link of you busting the red light from Arizona company. You can fight it but so far Fremont has a very high rate of success with red light cameras in court.

$500.00 later-----don't ask me how I know!

posted Hide Post
Tooling Along

The emoji is a link to zero fatal accidents in the past year. Click on the link to see how cameras save lives.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
They will bill you for tolls in Florida if you use the toll roads and don't stop. I guess they don't care who is driving they just go by plate number.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5161 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Who believes the cameras are for “safety”?
March 2018: Lakeland FL renewed five year contract $828,000 yr with American Traffic Solutions. 18 cameras at 11 Lakeland intersections generate 23,085 $158 tickets or $3.6mil

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...-20170106-story.html

“Crashes up at intersections that have red-light cameras - Orlando Sentinel”

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
We here even in Iowa have speed and red light cameras, I have been ticketed by two myself. Some group had the state look at the placement of several of them and determined they were there for the sake of revenue only and made the locals remove them, one of them got me, they have not refunded my money though.

I also heard but did not verify that if you did not pay the tickets there was nothing the local police could do to get the fine. I do assume if you got caught red handed by a cop in that community they would get you for those offences.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2044 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
On a trip to visit our son in Pennsylvania, we traveled through Washington, DC. When I returned home I received a speeding ticket in the mail with a picture of the rear of my truck with the license clearly visible. 62 in a 55 zone fine $100.00. A week later another ticket!!!! Time 15 minutes later. 63 in a 55 zone fine $100.00. We now go up I-77 & I-81.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
a law firm in CA responds via the net.

https://www.wklaw.com/practice...ight-camera-tickets/

of course if everyone, per the thread title would , "..Obey the law of the land.." there would be no need for this thread.. eh?

I have received several (personal) cites for speed in the past, then I learned to drive slower..Amazing, no tickets or having to watch my mirrors for that sneaky CHP officer..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???
quote:
CHP
???

For the benefit of members in other countries please let us know exactly what a CHP Officer is.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
only you would think something like that.."Express yourself in a positive way"..geez..

CHP....

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Found this above, although I think you mean California Highway Patrol.[/QUOTE]

Not one in a million people, fewer in the poster’s state of CA, would think “chp” is a reference to genital mutilation (or adornment). Abbreviations, in forum posts, texts and emails, are efficient and usually appropriate.

FYI: OTOH does NOT mean “out the other hole”.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Here is the constitutional problem with citations based solely on cameras:
The Confrontation Clause found in the Sixth Amendment provides that "in all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right…to be confronted with the witnesses against him."
Is the camera a witness (accuser)?
Does having a law enforcement officer view the image (after the fact) make him/her a legitimate witness?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
only you would think something like that.."Express yourself in a positive way"..geez..
Just one of the many abbreviations for the initials. I keep in mind we have nearly 4000 members and not even 10% are from California. Spell comments out so everyone can know exactly what you are thinking. According to your link the Highway Patrol in California, are not "sneaky" at all. The common goal the Highway Patrol in every state is safety.