Tools
Reply To This Topic

N00Z from teh G33k
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The sound is broken for all OSs, AFAIK. I don't get the sounds.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
It works on my Internet Explorer 11 with with windows 10 desktop. My laptop does not have a sound driver.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another glitch I found. My Desktop emoticons are not active on the desktop, but are active on the iPad. Anyone know why the emoticons are not active on the desktop?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
COMCA$T LOVE$ YOU!

No, rly!

https://gizmodo.com/comcast-ma...worthless-1821530729

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a scam email disguised like it was supposed to be from Apple. It stated that someone used my apple ID. It almost got me. In the scam were some IP address stating where my account had been used. I checked these address and found them to be from Indonesia. The links were scam links that contained phishing viruses.
In short if you receive any emails that look like authentic APPLE stuff, be aware of this scam.
Rusty I posted here, in your column, but can move it to a new topic if you would like.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Nice catch. Thanks, Kevin.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Rusty I posted here, in your column, but can move it to a new topic if you would like.

Not my thread - it's for anyone with useful info, such as yours.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Printer Bug

I've had a gen-yoo-wine computer bug (a PC I was upgrading for a customer wouldn't boot; upon removing the graphics card, I discovered it had been inserted on top of a moth), but this is the first printer bug.

I bought a cheap inkjet to use in the Barth, and I kept having paper feed/jam issues. Finally it just went on strike, claiming a jam, and no paper was in it.

Probing, I found a ladybug the the paper path, tripping the jam indicator...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
I hope you are getting rent from those BUGS. If not evict the bugs. You need the money to pay the deductible on the hurricane damage.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I did have a major infestation of ladybugs in my travel trailer in GA a couple of years ago - several hundred, all over the trailer.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Microsoft Strikes Again

Yesterday, MS released a fix for a fix for Win7/64. The prior fix completely exposed the kernel to the Meltdown malware...

Get the fixfix installed ASAP!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fleecebork

If you're a Facebook user, you may want to reexamine its use based on (notwithstanding the Cambridge Analytica fiasco) this position by a FB VP:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanm...whRgVd1pW#.rqbz1EgO5

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Chrome 66 Brings Back Autoplay/OFF!

A couple of versions ago, Google disabled the ability for users to disable autoplay, which meant any website could start videos, whether or not the user wanted them to.

To update now, in Chrome, go to Settings/Help, where you can update to v66.

Autoplay is now OFF by default in v66.

EDIT: The nooz reports of this capability are premature. Autoplay is NOT off by default, and the facility to disable it is absent...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Google"Clarifies" Chrome Autoplay Defeat

Google now says that the autoplay "off" default is onlyfor sound. Video autoplay will start when a user clicks anywhere on the page.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke