Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Verizon Tracks Your Smartphone!

Here

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Can anyone imagine just a few years ago when all we had were land line telephones, AT&T tracking our phone calls, developing a profile and selling that profile to anyone who wanted it?
We have become 'desensitized' to this invasion of privacy, just like we have become 'desensitized' to a lot of other things that we now just write of as 'that's the way it is'.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Memories of the Olde Daze

Here. I don't know how many PCs I found like this, but I did get 3 cups of crud from one, which had an 84% fragmented HDD...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Don't Fall for This!

False Warning

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
also stay away from any deals with garagesaledepot involved .com is located in Russia. They selling stuff on craigslist and will ship your RV for free within 1000 miles nono

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Misfortune Cookie

This an exploit that takes control of routers. Here is a list of routers known to be vulnerable.

Nevertheless, you should learn how to access your router's innards and at the least change the default password and disable remote management.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Google Earth Pro is FREE!

Here

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Android MALWARE!

Users read this!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just a Silly ⅛" !

There's a program called CPUID that monitors and displays internal data like voltages, CPU temps, etc. Ive used it for years on desktop PCs I've built, since they were all overclocked, and internal temps dictate the O/C limits.

My HP Elitebook 8560p fan exhaust seemed to be quite hot (it sports a dual core i7 with a high clock), so I installed CPUID and discovered CPU temps were around 90°C under moderate load. Intel CPUs are thermally protected, and will throttle down to lower heat, and will shut down if throttling is unsuccessful. Intel laptop CPUs also adjust speed depending on workload to save battery life, so heat is controlled.

Normal max temp for the Intel CPUs is 70°C.

When my laptop is actually in my lap, I mount it on ⅛" foamboard, which insulates me from the heat and ensures the fan intake isn't blocked, so 90°C just wan't reasonable. Digging into my parts, I grabbed 2 plastic adhesive-attached feet, and stuck them on, raising the front of the chassis about ⅛", about 2X stock; this allows a better airflow into the fan intake.

Temps now run around 50-65°C, with a max of 72°C under heavy load.

Bottom Line:

1. Install CPUID in your laptop, and monitor temps
2. Get foamboard and put the laptop on it if not on an otherwise flat surface.
3. Clean the chassis fan; some are easier to access than others. On my HPs and Dell, it's relatively easy. My Panasonic Toughbook 29 uses massive heatsinks.
4. Raise the chassis to increase airflow if temps exceed 70°C.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tired of Self-starting Videos?

Instructions to zap them are here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty , I been trying to figure this out on google chrome . Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A bonus from stopping videos is that the CPU temp has dropped 10°C Thumbs Up

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Windows 10 - Caution!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2...inserted_windows_10/

Here's how to disable the "features".

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
RE: Tired of Self-starting Videos?

Instructions to zap them are.... here.

>>>>>not there... alternate???

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how...et-explorer-3497991/

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke