Tools
Reply To This Topic

N00Z from teh G33k
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Deja' vu (all over again): Happiness here!

This regards Winzip and Quicktime...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a good source for aftermarket ink cartridges? My source dried up.

Canon i450 and ip4200.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Would you believe Walgreens. They are now refilling your cartridges.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
One thing to note is that most HP cartridges come with new printheads. Screw up a refill, just get an HP cartridge. Most others reuse the heads. For this reason, I use the manufacturers' own cartridges, but then my color inkjet printer wasn't cheap...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
New security issue regarding a vulnerability in Adobe Acrobat Reader (for viewing .pdf files).

Recommendation is to use caution in viewing files until Adobe counters the flaw with a fix (Updates to Adobe software are typically done automatically).

No exploits of this flaw have been detected, but in the meanwhile, to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Using Ask.com's toolbar? Check this out...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Using Gmail? Looka here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tired of wearing your fingers to the bone tapping that mouse to surf the Web?

Well, Bippy, here's the entire World Wide Web on one page!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Better yet, we're safer now (a bow to those of use with diesels may be in order): here!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I LOVE VISTA (NOT!)

Ain't this just the BEST of news?

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Better yet, we're safer now (a bow to those of use with diesels may be in order): here!

Hmmmmmmm.................I wonder if the Chinese have something more than increased profits in mind with lead in toys.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beware of .pdf (Portable Document Format) files (an Adobe format, read by Adobe Reader and Acrobat): here.

Also keep that firewall up-to-date, run Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and other Malware detectors frequently: Here

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
GRAB THIS!!! Zone Alarm (Firewall) is offering a free download of its anti spyware app at this site. Also grab Zone Alarm Firewall freeware if you aren't running it already; it has to be installed for this enhancement to work!

On installation, Windows Defender will require you to permit Zone Alarm to work with the spyware plugin (Click "other options", and allow), and you'll have to again grant access to Zone Alarm for some functions.

Nevertheless, this is a very good application for the perfect price.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yo! Am I becoming redundant redundant? Please don't underestimate efforts of hackers to infest your PC.

Check this out.

Frankly, there's no reason you should become a victim. Head on up to the top of this thread, and download the suggested freeware to enhance your protection.

Purchasing freeware enhancements at a modest cost (Zone Alarm's and Ad-Aware's are worthwhile, IMHO - for a cost of around $40/year); these help to control spybots, which come in a variety of flavors. Some just track your Internet activities; others are more sinister, to where they can log keystrokes (such as those used to enter passwords), or make your PeeCee a Zombie, that can be used to distribute malware and other stuff.

It's up to you, Neighbor...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
CompUSA is going away...got a store near you, plan to feast on the carcass.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke