Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
'Nuther Serious Flaw in IE6/7

As reported here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fix is available.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Why I Don't Use Facebook

Answer

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Facebook

Redux

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It always amazed me that people who would only whisper something into the ear of their favorite dog, late at night, in the quiet of their closet, are perfectly willing to bare their souls on an internet 'social network'. When it came out,(Facebook, MySpace, etc) something deep inside of me said, "Beware, Danger, Do Not Go There". Sort of like that little voice that tells you not to point a gun at your head. But in a world of 'self-centeredness', people are so sure of nothing ever bad happening to them, that they do foolish things.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
It's too bad that someone will always find a way to screw something up. I have found over 30% of my graduating class (1966) via Facebook. Now I hardly ever use it.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Facebook

Trifecta!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Facebook

I really do need to make a macro for that. Anyway. here's today's little story.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, my daughter (married to the Hawker pilot, aka top flight mechanic), opened an email she got on Facebook from her brother-in-law's teenage son. Guess what? You betcha! The machine is at the repair shop getting cleansed of all the crap. The teenager sent the same email to all of his friends, as in hundreds.
She is closing her facebook account.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
You know the bad part? He probably didnt send it, rather his computer did... Probably to everyone in his mailist... His computer is also infected.... Please keep your anti-virus software up to date... And notify him of the e-mail and what has happened so he can reclaim his computer also..

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Just an update: The teenagers list was over two thousand. My daughter's anti-virus expired three days before she got the email. The fix will be $250 at Best Buy or a little less if she buys the stuff to do it herself.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Facebook Again???

Of course!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Facebook Again???

Facebook Again???

Of course!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
Bill - those instructions are 5 years old and for a different operating system!

If you copy all the files form inside your ‘My Documents’ file on to a usb drive and then paste them into the ‘My Documents’ in the new computer you will be fine. You can also do this in stages (some files at a time) if the usb drive is not big enough.

There are usb cable transfer systems out there, $5 http://www.amazon.com/USB-Data...-Cable/dp/B000K069E6

Transferring your old email and contacts is a little more interesting!

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I think I found what I was looking for. Found it on Amazon for a third of the price on the Belkin site.

Here's the skinny on it.

Lemme know if I'm on the right track.

I think I stepped on my original post. Frowner

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post