Tools
Reply To This Topic

TV question
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I'm confused. I bought a 15" 12v TV at the thrift store today. It has the 110 converter, so I plugged it in to power. Nothing but blue screen. Brought it inside and hooked up to cable. After switching to cable input it worked fine. Took it back out to the coach and switched back to air and hooked up the digital converter box. Works fine, but I can't get any vhf stations, no biggie. My question is I always thought flat screen thin screen TV's were digital, but apparently not this one. Brand name is Konka. I'll probably keep it anyway for 30 bucks but I didn't really gain anything if I still have to use the converter box. Also, where can I get a lighter socket cord?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You can get the cigarette lighter adaptor and the needed plug at Radio Shack. The plugs are a bit fiddly to solder because they're so small.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I'm confused. My question is I always thought flat screen thin screen TV's were digital, but apparently not this one. Brand name is Konka.
Nope, as you have figured out, they are not all digital. many of the early panel TV's were analog. We have an analog SHARP 15" in the Kitchen. I do think most of the ones that are analog are also the 4by3 format, whereas the digital units are usually the wide screen models.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Look for TV's with the ATSC tuner

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post