Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    A Smarter Way To Stay Cool???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A Smarter Way To Stay Cool???
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://www.indiegogo.com/proj...-cool-redefined--3#/

Cute little inexpensive air conditioner....

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
This would fit as a replacement for dash ac! I measured and there is enough space behind the dash to exhaust heat between the front cap and the firewall. The evap drain would be easy and the cold air could be aimed upward on the dash.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Tom I copied this off of the Noria website.

"Can Noria run on batteries or solar power?

Noria is a 480 watt, line voltage appliance, so battery operation is not likely to be feasible without a very large system that has an inverter. We estimate a solar panel covering Noria will only power about 10 Watts.

Looks like the generator would still need to be running to create the power consumed by Noria. I think I will just run my roof air if it is needed.
On the way back from Milford IV at Allegan, Michigan I experimented with windows and no air conditioning. Opened the middle windows and ran dash on recirculate air or Max AC. I have no compressor, or you can pull out the max air button after pushing it in to turn off the compressor. The Barth was warm but comfortable traveling with the sun behind me.
Noria does not look like something I would purchase. Your other plan to upsize the compressor for the dash air is really the BEST. It might even be get better with the 410A refrigerant.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 410 freon is now obsolete and will be replaced with a new recipe called R1234. It is due out in December and early info says it will cost 10x R134a, though it will work at much lower pressures than 410 (that is said to run at 400psi and is blowing out Cadillac ac condensers).

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
though it will work at much lower pressures than 410 (that is said to run at 400psi and is blowing out Cadillac ac condensers).

I am confused. 400 pounds is not lower?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R134a has high side in the 175 to 200 psi depending on ambient temp. A normally operating R-410A system with the same condensing temperature of 120 degrees and a 45 degree evaporator saturation temperature will have a high side pressure of 418 psig and a low side pressure of 130 psig. That requires a much stronger compressor and no rubber lines. The new R1234yf will operate at the same pressures as R134a, but will cost between $40 and $60 per pound (the little can at Walmart).

posted Hide Post
Thank you Tom. Sometimes when we refer to "it" or "that" I get easily confused. All said and done it appears Noria will not work in a metal motor home. Just looks like junk to me. Not enough cooling capacity for a metal box. Maybe a well insulated stick and staple box?