Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Option 2
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
One other vote for Option 2 - Do you realize that when you compete for that last space or closest cut in on a road you are not in control of the outcome - it depends on the other person (victim) to yield. However if you choose to let someone in, around, or across you have total control of the outcome. Much better result- FYI when flying in Navy we always preached maintain the superior position, establish control and avoid any conflict you can't control. Most times the whole situation doesn't really add much time to the trip. 500 miles at 65 mph means you are arriving about 30 minutes minutes after the guy who has to go 75. Hell it takes that long to fuel up!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know what you mean Dub. Down here we have a few places that go from 3 lanes to 2, or 2 to 1 with little warning. The locals know what's coming up but the Yankees have no clue until they are in the pinch. So let them in!

Agreed Danny, option 2, a little hospitality for the innocent.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
control

I guess the difference between control and being crapped on is the frame of mind. I know you can have the right of way and insist on being right ............. dead right.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
option 1 - option 2 - option 3?

If they're bigger than you - option 2 should be followed. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post