Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    How far have you driven your Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How far have you driven your Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
As I become more familiar with the RV world, I am always amazed by both the number of different manufacturers and the price range to buy them. Having parked next to some very upscale rigs, I sometimes wonder how much was paid for them and how many miles they actually travel.

I get a vicarious thrill knowing that since I got my Barth, I have now spent more in fuel than I did to buy the coach! ROTFLMAO

Since I got the coach in March 2011 I have driven it about 25,000 miles. Since March of last year I have racked up 12,000 miles. I know this is nothing for guys like Gary Carter and MWrench but I'm betting I've got more gasser miles than any one else.

Between the GTGs and my trips to Florida it is adding up faster than I expected. Enjoyed every run, ready for more.

I thought I might get some feedback from our members on their RV miles to see who is the real travel king of the road.

Might be interesting to tally how many months a year they are occupied, another way to "use your Barth."

Have Barth, will travel!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Well my current rate of driving is 2000 miles a month. But I have only been on the road for a few months. It will go up once my house sells.

Cheers
Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've had StaRV II for 8 years, and have gone 95K+ miles since I got it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
20 mile round trip, rural roads, test drive

4 mile round trip to gas station and propane fill

1/4 mile round trip to dumping station

Next trip might be 100 miles to Milford.

Posts: 84 | Location: NW IN | Member Since: 09-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I also have had my Breakaway 8 years.

75K when bought 206K now.

131K since purchase

Approx $49K for fuel

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
We bought to our 91 22ft Regal in February of 2013 and put 8,300 miles on until December of 2013. In the last 90 days we put on 9,000 miles.

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
Rather ashamed to say that my farthest ventures from home have been about 40 miles one way; last year weather and other events allowed only three weekend jaunts all season. We will begin our club outings in April; hoping the shakedown trip will be uneventful. It's always something and I think the biggest problem is not driving enough. Of course I am planning on the Milford GTG.

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Barb and I are still getting started. We were able to do a 7,500 trip out west last year. That trip has been the source of many great recollections to help get us through this....(northerners help me with suggestions for suitable superlatives here)..... 2013/2014 winter.

We've done 12,963 miles since we bought it in 2011 and have relished every mile. We'll do another 1,500 miles before Milford 2014, then, who knows Tooling Along

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Never gone further than Talledega, about 700 miles, but we've done it 10 times. Darlington is only 577 so we won't break any records this year.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Purchased the Regal with about 37,500 miles behind it. 3.5 years later it now has about 42,500. Milford twice and a trip to Niagara Falls were the longest. Most of the short trips local in Ohio. Use for overnight MX racing and general camping and canoeing.

Since rescuing Classie (21' class C) the Regal became the neglected big brother last year and only made a few short runs. Classie made trips to Chattanooga GTG, Hocking Hills, and several MX racing events. Clocking about 3000 miles.

Making it up to Classie big brother by taking the Regal and heading to Daytona come Thursday. Tooling Along

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately cannot even pick my Class C up until mid June, there is a lot of snow pack between Mn and Steamboat.

Chuckd
Smaller the better

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post