Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Movie Star Military
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
It seems like everywhere you look a movie star or music star is bad mouthing our miltary. I may be wrong but I don't think that P Diddy or Sean Penn served. This was not always the case. Check this website out, I find it very interesting.

http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/military/actors_in_wwii.html

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave: Don't forget the USO performers who entertained the troops during WWII and VietNam. Bob Hope probably did as much to win the war as any who saw combat. My Dad saw Dinah Shore performing during WWII. He was stationed at Grafton-Underwood, north of London, with the 8th AAF, 384th Bomb Group, as a medic/ambulance driver. Pilots flew B-17's out of G-U to drop bombs on Germany; one famous target was a ball-bearing factory in Schweinfort.

Don't leave out the USO performers who did their bit. Martha Ray was wounded while entertaining in VietNam. I doubt Susan Sarandon will ever make such an effort. We should start a boycott of the movies of these wimps.

------------------
Bev

Posts: 25 | Location: Prince Frederick, MD, USA | Member Since: 08-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I agree,

As a rock and roll drummer, I did a one month USO tour from Ft. Lewis, WA to Camp Pendleton in 1965 and then in 1968 I saw Bob Hope, (with Elke Sommer and "The Gold Diggers") In Munsan, Korea. And everyone under 45 is saying, "who is Elke sommer and the Gold Diggers?"

Ditto on Sarandon, I would like to say the same about her husband but I like Shawshank Redemption too much.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post