Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Dealing with a Cranky Toilet in Your Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dealing with a Cranky Toilet in Your Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Don't feel too bad: Here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of our first night out in our SOB purchased from Lazy Days. We were all settled down for a 'long winter's sleep' when 'out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, that I sprang', whoops, mind drift, any way settled down and we noticed a rather pungent odor. Lo and behold, our good friends at Lazy Days, failed to drain the black water holding tank. So off I go in the middle of the night to 'take care of business' in this very nice campground on the ocean in Sarasota. Hooked up the drain hose that came with the coach, turned the valve, and whoops, the %%$$>?*** hose came off. Now the neighbors are paying attention to the stuff on the ground. Then the bucket brigade starts. And it isn't even my poop!! That's the last time I didn't check the plumbing system when everything was empty.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Opps, I had my own crappy experience the other day at the dump station. using my new hose and fitting I attached it to the tank, opened the valve a bit, ok works good, fully opened it and well the hose clamp was not tight enough and the hose came off. I think I said the same curse words %%$$>?***. good thing it was (mostly) gray water. Only one holding tank on this old Barth.
1974 Barth C Class
19'

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
I have one tank on my 77 Barth also. I didnt think I would like it but after using it a couple of times I dont see any drawbacks. With the grey and black water all in one tank it stays clean and drain easily. Now that you cant dump grey water on the ground I dont see the advantage of separate tanks. I have thought of installing an electric drain valve so I can drain the tank without ever leaving the bath room. Anyone ever use one?

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:
I have thought of installing an electric drane valve so I can drain the tank without ever leaving the bath room . Anyone ever use one?

It's a good way to irritate a motorcycle cop.

I had one a long time ago on another RV. It was a little balky, despite my repeated efforts at cleaning and lubing. I am happier with a standard, easily-repaired or replaced item.

Out of curiousity, why would you want to open the dump valve while in the bathroom?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
The main reason to install one would be so I would not have to go outside to open the valve. The reason I would be in the bathroom is because that is where I usually realize the tank is full and where I would most likely locate the switch. I can also watch the the tank dain in the cammode. I guess I could fix the tank level sensor D'oh.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, I see. D'oh

You're already hooked up. We never are, so that just slipped my mind. Yeah, makes sense. And you're certainly doing right by waiting before it is fairly full to dump.

My own experiments show that ours dumps as well at half-full as it does completely full.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Hey bill h
did you say irritate or irrigate. I like the latter .

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalton:
Hey bill h
did you say irritate or irrigate. I like the latter .

LOL............perhaps both.

There used to be a system that squirted black water into the exhaust pipe as you drove down the road. The heat was claimed to sanitize it. Passed gov't regs, so must have been OK. But, I always worried when I was on a motorcycle behind an RV.
Frowner

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
The product in the black tank is fertilizer. And very good for nature. In fact on a sunny day any bad stuff is killed in less than 15 minutes.

A friend of mine at his home in the desert was trying to grow grass (stupid in my opinion) and just couldn't get it to grow, so out of curosity he started spreading the black tank out over his front yard with the help of a macerator. He swears he has the greenest yard in the neighborhood. His neighbor wants to know what he is using. He says this is true and knowing him I would not put it past him.

I do know that in MN when you get you holding tank pumped at a lake cottage, they just take it to a farmers field and spread it out with the aid of macerator.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:

A friend of mine at his home in the desert was trying to grow grass (stupid in my opinion) and just couldn't get it to grow, so out of curosity he started spreading the black tank out over his front yard with the help of a macerator. He swears he has the greenest yard in the neighborhood.

I did that once. The white TP fluffy residue was a little conspicuous. It was quite a while back, and I don't remember what chemical, if any we were using then, so that may have been a factor.

Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
I Was Lucky, Full Tank, But with only 1/3 roll of good Rv paper good deoderizer/chemical, there was no white flags only a tell tell puddle of well ^>/,.. Oh yes and a pair of dually skid parks.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If'n yer terlit still has problems, the ISS is now ahead of youse: Here

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post