Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hurricane Irma
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I was afraid of that. OTOH some of those permanent trailers were pretty ratty. If they are gone hopefully there will be room for us next winter. hmm

I can not imagine 130 mph winds... I've done 125 on a motorcycle, wow.

So glad you folks are OK.
See you in Dec.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deb&Eds38:
When the eye wall went over us it was blowing about 130 + We stayed in the Monarch after the power went out and just moved back into the house today.
Thanks for testing results on the question you asked in this topic. I would have never thought the Barth would remain upright. Maybe the combination of your house and Barth was just the right spot.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Out in the open there is no way a coach will stand 130 mph side winds without being chained down really well. Winds from the front or back might be survivable...

At those velocities most structures will go unless designed for hurricane conditions. Windows, roofs would be gone.

I can only imagine the roaring of those winds. confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Weathered the storm! Thumbs Up
Very little damage in my immediate neighborhood. Major inconvenience.

Trees down, power, phone and cable lines with them.

Electricity restored last evening.(Friday)

Air Cond., refrigeration cheers and a hot shower were surely welcomed.

We are grateful to be spared from the destruction that others endured.

The dogs and I are fine.

Dick.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don't know why I didn't see this thread before I started a new one. Maybe an admin can move mine down here. Thanks to all for your concern.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I did get significant flood damage, but no windstorm issues.

Details here:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...173994097#3173994097

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There's something to e said for "connections"; the restoration company was out yesterday after I called Tuesday. Flood adjuster was out today. Vehicle adjuster, tomorrow.

Switching to Verizon solved all my communication issues, with a mobile hot spot and 3 to 4 bars on the phone where with Sprint, I sometimes got 1. Windstream account is on "Vacation" status, Sprint is cancelled, so Verizon is about the same.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that all the necessary people are in place. How long do you think it will take to make the house livable? Guess you must be full timing in the Barth for a while. Always welcome in TN
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I would guess at least 3 months. I can't stay here for too long. New issues keep cropping up with the Barth; I'm not sure how far I'd want to drive it.

My current plan is to go to my GA place if things get moving.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
So sorry, Rusty. Tough times.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Progress is slow, but things are moving. All the adjusters have been here (although the auto policy sent an appraiser, with whom I was NOT impressed). I have the remediation worksheet, and they're expecting to provide the repair estimates later this week.

I'll be getting an advance from NFIP later this week, and I've located a replacement for the Chevy van (oddly enough, from the same dealer from whom I bought the van and the Toyota Sienna). The probable replacement is an '02 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L V8 AWD. Vans like the Chevy conversion, which would be my preference, are really pricey (which will help the ACV settlement).

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
In the meantime, are you living in the Barth? Sort of forced 'full timing' Sorry

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, in the Barth, which is getting to be ugly - my vacuum was lost in the flood. Can't get Nelson and Chester to wipe their paws...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B