Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hurricane Matthew
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of J Davis
posted
Here in NC we're still feeling the after effects of Hurricane Matthew that came up the Fla,Ga,SC, and NC coast Friday , Saturday and Sunday. I live inland about 175 miles and we still had wind gusts of 40 to 45 mph all day Saturday and about 8 to 10 inches of rain. Fayetteville,NC is about 30 miles southeast from here, and the Cape Fear river is still flooding areas there. They got 15-17 inches of rain. A weatherman on tv said the southeast states got 13.6 trillion gallons of water or the equivalent of 78% of the water in the Chesapeake Bay dumped on us . I only had a couple of trees that fell in my yard, and the power was off for only a couple of hours. A lot of people in the worst areas have been without electrical power for over 3 days.

Posts: 46 | Location: Sanford,NC | Member Since: 10-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Was sorry to hear about the destruction caused by Matthew. I have friends in Florida and thankfully they didn't have any major damage.

Glad to hear that you also experienced only minor problems.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Here in Ohio we just got heavy mist on Saturday morning. The sky looked like we were in for a all day rain. While I was outside with a friend we noticed clouds traveling in opposite directions. The clouds appeared to be side by side and passing each other like traffic on a freeway going the opposite direction. By 10 AM the sun gave light to a bright warm day.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Our future retirement residence in Calabash N.C. had minimal damage. Just a few broken branches and we're located only a few miles from the coast on the North/South Carolina border.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Our kids, Meg and Dan Larson(40ish) and their triplets, Luke, Jeremy, and Julie, age 10, climbed Mounte Leconte on Saturday, the 8th. LeConte is the third highest peak, 6594', in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Constant, horizontal rain, 50 mph wind, temps in the low 50s. All did the 13.5 mile round trip in 8.5 hours, led by the triplets, who managed it in a breeze. Something about being young!!

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm 60+ miles from the coast, and had N winds 20-25 mph. Power was out 26 hours, but the generator kept things normal. Very little rain, so even the woods didn't flood.

Many of my astro-friends live in areas on the coast and on the St. Johns River; I've not heard how they fared.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Davis
posted Hide Post
Just saw an update from the governor, death toll up to 20 in NC and I-95 is still closed. Lumberton,NC is flooded, and their water plant is under water . They have 6 emergency shelters full of people, running on generator power only. Some of the major rivers are still rising downstream. I'm thankful for everything I have, but it makes you realize it can be gone in the blink of an eye.

Posts: 46 | Location: Sanford,NC | Member Since: 10-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
...and up here the tail end gave the Celtic Colours area of Northern Nova Scotia:
"Sydney hit with 225 mm of rain, other parts of Nova Scotia get more than 100 mm"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/...ind-sydney-1.3799354

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
What I failed to mention about my kids climbing Mt. Leconte, was that just 20 miles west, there was nothing--just a little light wind. No rain.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post