Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Now THAT"S cold!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Now THAT"S cold!
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I know I've posted this link quite a while ago but I like to check it out when the weather really gets bad. [For you guys. It's always nice down here!]
http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/summit.php

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Did you notice that in the last 24 hours the temp has fluctuated 38 degrees. That is one thing unique to cold weather climates. It could be 25-30 above in the afternoon and -12 at night. We never notice it because we are snug inside the heated house.

windchill of 60-80 below is too cold for mammals for sure.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
With Mt. Washington it's not always the temp so much as the wind. 94 mph sustained with gusts to 110 at 17 below F. has got to be a killer in a very few minutes.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And we thought that it had been cold here in Texas ! Actually got below freezing, barely.

Posts: 25 | Location: Grand Prairie TX USA | Member Since: 03-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post